FIVE | MEMORIES

the door opens, revealing a cheerful yuta inside. "you've come to visit!"

"yeah, why wouldn't i?" sicheng says with a smile. yuta grins as well and grabs his wrist, pulling him inside of his room. he then lets go to close the door behind him, twirling around with a smile on his face.

"what did boss want you for?" yuta then asks, flopping onto his bed and landing on his stomach. sicheng sits down on the bed as well, although in a less cool way. sicheng doesn't want to tell him about gibeom wanting to make him less 'soft' nor about the shocker he most likely broke when he threw it. so, he decides on another topic.

"never mind that, i saw mark on my way back," sicheng retorts. "he was starting up a new computer, i think."

"i think he told me during lunch break before i went to see you that they were getting new computers," yuta tells him, crawling over closer to him and eventually propping up his elbows. "yeah, he did tell me that. he's doing that 'cause the old ones suck."

"yeah, mark also said that," sicheng shrugged. "i wouldn't know. the only thing i've used is my own laptop."

that old thing he's had for years that surprisingly works as if it's brand new. hence why sicheng never felt the need to ever look for a replacement. nothing could ever replace what was already perfect.

"oh yeah! you do have a laptop!" yuta says cheerfully. "but anyways, do you like boss?"

why did he want to talk about yang weirdo so much? "no," sicheng says honestly. "i really don't."

"why not?" yuta asks with a tilt of his head, his eyes round with curiosity. why do they always do that? why does yuta almost always have to go doe-eyed and make sicheng just want to coo?

"he's weird."

"weird?" yuta echoes in confusion.

"to me, anyways," sicheng says. "even mark thinks he's off."

"really? he never..." yuta frowns. "mr. yang isn't weird."

"but he is," sicheng retorts. the shocker, how he talked about yuta as if he was some robot he could change to fit his liking... that was more reasons to feel off about him. "trust me, yuta. i can't see how anyone could like him."

now that he thinks about it — if this 'dr. lim' guy has power to save yuta from dying, give him superhuman strength, speed, smarts, and a body of steel, can't he give yuta his memories back? or, is that too advanced and out of his range? now that the thought has struck him, he's never going to let it go.

after hanging out a little bit more, sharing a single dinner that was mostly eaten by yuta, sicheng was happy to take a shower, wish yuta goodnight with a hug while yuta not-so subtly buried his nose into the crook of his neck, and went to his bed to sleep, the thought from earlier returning.

could he really convince them to find a way to bring yuta's memories back? sicheng's eyes open and he rolls onto his back, looking up at the ceiling of his room. perhaps he could worm an answer out of donghyuck and get him to ask. if he's not successful, maybe mark can. he and donghyuck seem awfully close.

the time to himself also lets him ponder on what else gibeom had said — missions? he was going to send yuta on missions? what kind of missions? if he needed to learn how to fight....

hm. was he training him to be some sort of secret spy or something? the thought almost made sicheng laugh. that's movie-type shit. yet, yuta's a superhuman and that's definitely also something you'd see in a movie he'd probably watch.

a superhuman who had adorable doe-eyes most of the time and — no, maybe sicheng shouldn't dwell on yuta's good looks. he's off-limits. the reminders he got today is enough to keep him away. but then everyone was fretting that yuta liked him —