Chapter Three | Fretful Four

Start from the beginning

I won't even get into what lies beyond the main part of this room as there was a whole bar a few feet away, followed by an entire section for popcorn and snacks. There was much more that I thought was extra as hell but, again, what did I expect from May, my mother, Kaylee, and Hazel who were in control of the massive renovations that have been done to the Blue Moon Pack.

Although, I have a feeling that Xavier had a lot to do with this new addition. The guy would hole his ass in the old movie room for hours instead of doing his homework back in high school. I swear he was an airhead because he consumed more bullshit on a TV screen then intellectual shit from books. I snickered to myself. Fucking idiot.

Speak of the devil.

The pungent smell of the six foot five giant that is Xavier Shiftman wafts up my nose before I can comprehend what's happening, followed by footsteps rapidly descending downwards and I arch my neck just a little to see Xavier, Aiden, and Gnashton's faces for the first time in three years. Xavier is at the bottom of the staircase with his eyes blown wide and at the top of the staircase is Gnashton and Aiden who look equally surprised to see me but Xavier's face is way more comical.

"I fucking knew it." Xavier whispers to himself.

With the widest white smile blossoming onto his healthy tanned skin, the muscles on his arm simultaneously contracting, and his legs moving much faster than what my brain was able to register as it all happened way too quick, Xavier dashes over to me and before I can fully stand up to ward off the impending attack I fall back onto the couch as the larger man envelops me in a hug that was actually capable of breaking my bones.

His large arms that are composed of nothing but muscle and his sleeves that are decorated endlessly with tattoos that trickle up his neck and embrace his right pectus never once falter even for a second. The fact that he was far taller than I was was a pain in the fucking neck, literally and figuratively. My neck was aching due to the fact that his ogre height meant that my neck was forced to crane upwards which gave me the delightful view of the damn cieling.

I could smell nothing but whatever he used to shampoo his hair with which smelled vaguely similar to cinnamon and the outdoors as his black hair occasionally tickled my noise. The desire to shove his ass off of me was silenced by the fact that I missed him way more than I expected. I missed all of them but if I ever actually said that shit to them I would never be able to live it down so I settled for allowing a smile to graze my lips as I was trying my best to hide it.

The idiot finally releases me as he stands back up but still keeps his eyes on me. It looked like he still thought that my presence in itself was a dream and that made me chuckle a bit. I didn't have much time to make fun of him despite the fact that my throat was bubbling with a witty remark that would surely wipe the smile off his face and in its place allow for an exasperated expression to blossom — oh, how nice that would've been — before I saw Aiden and Gnashton begin to walk closer to us.

"Woah." Aiden whispered under his breath.

Xavier whips his head around to look at the shocked pair. "I fucking told you! I told you I smelt Jaylin!"

"Well fuck me." Aiden says in the same hushed tone, incredulously.

"No thanks, I'll have to pass on that one but thanks for the offer." I give him a charming smile.

Aiden manages to roll his eyes at my smart comment through the shock and walks up to me even faster as he smiles again whilst shoving Xavier out of his way.