Gang imagine

Based on a personal experience

The gang had saved up for years to have a well-deserved Christmas vacation. Some people wanted to go to the beach, others wanted to go to Disney, but they all finally decided on a trip to the mountains. "How long is this drive gonna take, Y/n?" Dally asked

"About twelve hours." She said as she turned the car on

Everyone groaned. "Hey, this road trip is gonna be fun. I heard it's snowing in Tennessee right now. We hardly ever get snow. Besides, y'all are gonna meet my family."

"How many people are in your family again?" Johnny asked

"About sixty counting cousins, aunts, uncles, and my immediate family." Y/n pulled out of the Curtis' driveway, "Twelve hours starts now."

The gang drove through Oklahoma, Arkansas, and made a pit stop when they reached Tennessee. "Your turn, Darry." She said

Darry was asleep. Y/n held down the car horn which woke everyone up. "We better be in Gatlinburg, or so help me-" Dally was cut off by Y/n saying

"We'll be there in a few more hours. It's Darry's turn to drive."

After driving for what felt like days, the gang finally made it to the cabin they were staying in. Everyone got out of the car, dragged their luggage in, and looked around. The cabin had a lot of things to do: board games, a fake fireplace, two TVs, a Christmas tree, and even more.

Y/n, Ponyboy, Johnny, and Steve played a card game. Darry, Sodapop, and Dally tried to figure out how to work the oven so they could cook something, and Two-bit found a hot tub on the back porch.

After staying up until eleven, everyone finally decided to go to sleep. Two-bit and Steve slept on the bunk beds that were upstairs, Ponyboy and Sodapop shared the bed in the front room, Y/n and Dally shared the bed in the back room, Darry slept on one of the couches, and Johnny slept on the other.

Around three in the morning, Y/n heard a loud thud. "Dally." She said as she shook him, "Did you hear that?"

He groaned as he woke up. "What?"

"I heard a loud thud, and-" she sniffed the air, "Do you smell that?"

"Smell what?"

"I smell smoke."

"Hey, do y'all smell smoke?" Darry poked his head in

"Yeah."

After waking almost everyone up and calling the fire department, Y/n went over to Johnny and said, "Johnny, don't be alarmed when the fire people come."

"What?" He half shouted as he very suddenly woke up

Everyone went outside to wait in the car. Y/n, wanting to lighten the mood, sang, "Ooh, what a beautiful morning. Oh, what a beautiful daaaay. I've got a beautiful feeliiiing-"

"Shut up!" Steve demanded

After about thirty minutes, a fire tuck finally showed up. Y/n explained what happened, and one of the firemen said, "I can smell the smoke from out here."

The two men went inside. "Are we gonna get our money back from this?" Sodapop asked

"We'll see." Darry said

When the firemen came back out, they said, "Your HVAC exploded."

After everyone discussed it, they finally decided to just go home. They packed up their belongings, got in the car, and drove home.