one

A/N:  this isn't that important but as I've said once before the likelihood that all of this is proper grammar and capitalized is quite low so beware. other than that, enjoy the story. :)

-

-

-

-

-

July 3, 2021

I laid in my bed underneath at least 10 blankets. it is 5:35am. I sit up and stretch my arms and get up to get ready for my shift at the coffee shop. I quietly opened my bedroom door and walked out to see Lylah sitting at our kitchen island writing some lyrics for a beat someone had sent to her. 

"morning Lylah" I say walking past her. she flashes a tired smile. 

"good morning." she looks back down at her computer and continues to type. I decide I should be nice and make her a cup of coffee or something so I do. I put extra creamer into hers because that's how she likes it. I set the warm coffee mug down next to her and walk back to my room to start getting ready for work. 

I hop into the shower and stand under the flesh-burning water for a few. I finally find the motivation to start washing my hair and body. soon I was done and had to get dressed fast. 

I left and made it to work on time. I have the opening shift. I make myself an iced coffee read while I wait for people to start flowing in. 

soon enough people started to come in. there was this one guy who really stood out. he looked quite familiar but I can't put my finger on who it was. 

when I clocked out, I headed over to the book store. No, I didn't have to work there today but I needed a new book to read and there are a few new books we got in the other day. I walked over to the book store that wasn't too far away from the coffee shop. I went in and looked around for the book I wanted. and boom. there it was. The Love Hypothesis  by Ali Hazelwood. I picked it up and walked to the counter. 

"Is this all for you today?" asks the cashier. I nod. "your total is $12.38"

I pay and say thank you. then I walk to the apartment. I passed people who were skating. it was fun watching them do all the fun tricks that they did. once I made it to my building, I go u to the 23rd floor which is also the roof. I need to start this book. 

it is about 3:34 in the afternoon. I accidentally sat and read the book I bought for 4 hours. I'm almost done with it now. I head back down to the apartment and I see Lylah has headed off to work. that means I will be home for the next 6 hours all by myself. 

its been about 3 hours. I was sitting in the living room watching a random show on a random channel when there's a knock on the door. I walk to the door and stare through the peep hole. its the guy Lylah is talking to. I think his name is Jett or something like that I don't know.

I open the door and he flashes a quick smile. 

"hey, is Lylah home?" He asks me. I shake my head no. he nods and walks away. there's that one guy I saw at the coffee shop today. that's why he looks familiar. he's friends with the guy Lylah is talking to. 

-

-

-

a/n:  "Alexa play small worlds by Mac Miller" anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter!! it'll get longer and a lot more juicier I promise <3 

mwah - ri