"Until next time" he raises a tense hand to wave goodbye. I could swear a small smile forms on his face as I turn my back and walk past my building.

We may have had dinner, but I don't trust his lapse in judgement not figure out my name by looking at the residents for my building. Not that it's my actual name, but my other alias is another step closer to finding out who I am.

I walk all the way to Martac's building, the feeling of Tenya's eyes on my back burning there long after it would be plausible that he followed me.

The main door to his building is locked, only accessible by residents that have the code. And me.

I run my hand across his neighbor's door. She made a snide comment to me once about my 'walk of shame' when I stayed the night on Martac's couch. It's fun to drive her crazy when she discovers her door unlocked on occasion.

Walking right into Martac's apartment, I can smell the remnants of the dinner he made. He's a great cook and always makes way too much, choosing to eat the leftovers for the next couple of days. I'm still hungry enough that I go to his kitchen and get out the leftovers and start heating them up on his stove.

"By all means, lass, help yerself" Martac leans against the doorframe in his shorts without a shirt on. He's so hot, but he was Mitch's friend so he's off limits. Except for once on a grief filled drunken night, but we both agreed that was a mistake and we never spoke about it again.

"Thanks" I say as if I live here and pay rent. Martac never kicks me out though.

"I'm surprised ya didn't go to yer favorite little place." He yawns. He must have been in bed trying to sleep.

"I did. Still hungry" I shrug, dumping the now hot food onto a plate and digging out utensils from his drawers. I take the stolen food over to his table and sit down. Martac sits down across from me. It's out of character for him.

"We need to talk about that hero." His Scottish accent is tired and his words some what run together. If I didn't know him so well, it would be hard to understand him.

"What about him?"

"What's the plan there?"

I buy time by stuffing my face. Martac is unamused. "I've got it under control." I finally lie. He just raises an eyebrow. "Fine. I don't know. But he didn't report us today so he's got to have something in mind."

"That's what I'm worried about."

"Relax, it'll be alright"

"Literally every time ya tell me to relax, one of us has ended up shot or stabbed" he leans back and puts his hands behind his head, staring at the ceiling.

"First time for everything"

"Yer gonna to be the death of me" he chuckles and stands heading to his bedroom "don't leave yer dirty dishes out. I'm not yer maid. Ya know where the blankets are if yer stayin"

I decide not to stay, but linger long enough to finish eating and clean up, leaving a single cup in the sink just to annoy him. I leave and hear the lock click shut behind me. He had the landlord installed automatic door locks for me when he moved in so that he didn't have to get up to close the door behind me if I showed up late. It was a sweet gesture, but he insists that he did it for himself so he didn't have to inconvenience himself when I visited unannounced.