~Chapter 39~

I've been getting weaker by the day.

All the anemia treatments haven't been working and the doctors told me that it's just a matter of time before the red blood cells give out.

I can't even pick up my own daughters anymore.

"Mommy?" AA walked into my room with a tray. "Daddy said you didn't feel good. I brought you a baked potato from dinner."

"Thank you sweetie." I said, hugging her. She climbed on to the bed next to me. "I'm going to miss you."

"Why will you miss me?" AA looked at me, confused.

"Because," I paused. "You're a beautiful girl. You care about Daddy and I. You love your sisters. And I love you."
*****
"Timothy." I said, looking at the ceiling as we laid in bed.

"Jayne Brooklyn." Tim answered.

"I love you." I said.

"And I love you." Tim kissed me hard on the lips.

"Whatever happens, promise me you'll keep our girls safe." I sighed.

"Jayne Brooklyn Markham, stop thinking like that. I will keep our girls safe. And I'll also keep you safe, because you are my everything."

I wrapped my arms around him. "Timmy, you heard what the doctors said."

"Doctors don't know everything," Tim argued.

"Ti-" I started.

"Look, I know what to do." He said.

"What? What could pos-" I started once again.

"Pray."

I looked at him, stunned. "Pray?"

"You don't have to, but at least let me pray for you."

And I did. It was the best prayer I've ever heard. Right from the lips of my best poet.