~Chapter 7~

I found them in the pantry.

"Ugh!!" Ara groaned.

"Hey, it's okay." I heard Abs say.

"He didn't know.." Hayes whispered.

"Yes, he did! You could see it in his eyes! He knew!" Ara got worked up.

"Hayes is right Ara." I said, stepping in. "Baine didn't know."

I lied. Baine did know. He must've forgotten. I told him at one point, I think.

Ara was on the news, but..... Baine only remembered her lastname.

"Okay, he did know. But he didn't know it was you. He heard about a girl named Topkins, he didn't hear the first name." I sighed.

"He knew...." Ara burried her face in her hands. Hayes waved us off.

"Huh?" I mouthed, looking at him.

"I got this." Hayes mouthed back.

Abs shrugged and we walked out.

"You know what's weird?" Abs looked confused as she talked. "Why would Hayes of all people offer to stay with her?"

"Um... I don't really know." I shrugged as we walked down the stairs to the basement.

"I, for one, think that Hayes Grier is falling head over heals for Ara Topkins." Abs smiled as I shoved her playfully.

"Is Ara okay?" Steph asked, once we were back in the basement.

"Um, we left her with Hayes." Abs said.

"Do you think that was a good idea?" Haley Espirit frowned.

"Um... I guess we'll find out." I said, pursing my lips.
****
A few minutes later, Ara and Hayes walked in.

"Look, Ara," Baine rubbed his temple. "I'm sorry, I totally forgot and I r-"

"It's fine. I should have realized that you didn't know. I'm sorry." Ara apoligized.

"I'm sorry too. Okay? Are we good now?" Baine asked.

"Yeah, we're good now." Ara smiled.

"Okay.... Who wants cake?" Wayne and Hayes said.

"Meeee!!" Cory sang.

"I want mine first." Wayne said, swinging his arm around Sophia Morgan. "You did get seperate cakes right, Jayne?"

"Right." I smiled. "Sarah Belinda, can you come with?"

"Sure." Sarah Belinda and I went upstairs to the kitchen to get the cakes. "I thought for sure he likes Steph."

"So did I! That's what he told me. Unless he's using her.." I paused. "He wouldn't use her, right?"

"Nobody knows about those Grier boys." Sarah Belinda shrugged. "That's why I'm glad Sophia Morgan got Wayne."

"He's a good boy." I winked, as we grabbed the cakes and went back to the basement.