Mahira failed to hide her smile “It’s nothing.” She sighed adding “Truth is I wasn’t able to talk to him." Admitting she smiled sheepishly "I  did today”

“You’re missing him” She commented teasingly

“I’m. I......am used to his presence I guess” she admitted shrugging. She turned to walk away when she remembered her conversation with him. “Didi. Can we clear out that room near his home office?”

“That one? Na baba na. It’s impossible to clear out the junk in there. It’s filled up to the brim” Geeta said busying herself in work as if the idea itself was absurd.

Mahira’s mood dropped. “He wasn’t lying then.” She groaned to herself. Exchanging the bowl, she made her way to her room.

Quickly changing into a pair of long tops and pants she threw her hair in a ponytail and walked out. “You have to shift Mahi. No option you got there” she mumbled, mentally preparing the checklist of things she had to complete by the end of the day. She turned to the kitchen and decided to start with first things first.

“I’m taking puppy down for a walk. I’ll be back soon”

Staring all around the room, she sighed thinking about the shift. No doubt sharing a close space with him will be difficult but more so is when she hasn’t been to his den at all. Yes den, she could think of the only possible word for the forbidden room she hasn’t peeked inside not once.

She took a calming breath. “It isn’t the first time you’ll be sharing a room with him. You did last weekend. You can do it today Mahi. Trust yourself” she tried the positive self-talk, picking one of the boxes she found in the kitchen cabinet when Geeta left for grocery shopping. She had a maximum of an hour before shifting all necessary items, later she can bother with her other part of clothes and belongings, let’s start from the very basic. She was yet to see his room and think about possible places she could arrange her things.

Emptying her bedside drawers and desk she heaved a determined breath and walked towards the dark grey wooden double doors. The master bedroom was acquired by him.

Pushing open the door, she took in few steps inside. A light reflection from the creaks of heavy curtains was not enough to look. Her palm touched the wall searching for switches, she squinted her eyes to make out details. Finally, when she felt something like a board, she quickly turned them on, eyebrows raising in surprise as the light illuminated the place.

It was a splash of light grey, dark brown, some yellow and white. A beautiful interior with little specs of gold gives the place a contemporary look. She smiled in awe; she underestimated his taste.

It was pretty but still impersonal. This man didn’t care about personalized touches. The place looked untouched and aloof.

She placed her box on the settee placed at the end of the bed, she looked around, eyes darting to the single door on the other side. It had to be en-suite.

The other side is fully covered with heavy curtains. She assumed it to be a floor-to-ceiling window. She’ll check it later. First, she has to move in and arrange the space here.

She walked towards the large sliders which took up the whole wall, she touched the handle but dropped immediately. It was wrong to intrude on someone’s personal space.