𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐞 | 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝

Comenzar desde el principio

At first, they were cold towards each other, keeping things short and only ever talking when it was about the baby, but then a turn of events happened and it finally sunk in that in order to have a healthy family they would first have a healthy platonic relationship. Things were still rocky but as time passed they managed to grow a friendship and a bond that was damn near unbreakable.

Matt cleared his throat and slowly removed his arm from Emery's waist but not moving away. "I made a bomb ass salad for lunch if you want it..." Emery said not breaking eye contact.

"Y-yeah, that would be great." He said.

Emery pointed at the door and quickly walked around him. Matt followed behind her, but at distance while acting like he was looking at something on his phone.

He couldn't understand why he did what he did, it all just felt right.

Once inside of the kitchen, Emery grabbed a plate and the salad from inside of the fridge before serving it. Emery made herself a plate and took a seat on the counter.

"No offense but I'm surprised you could get up there." Matt said checking his watch.

"Me too, it gets harder every time I try to be honest. I don't know why I continue to do it." She said.

"Well, be careful, okay?" He said getting up.

Matt walked around the island to put his plate in the sink before stepping in front of Emery. "I'm gonna go back outside with the guys now." He said touching her stomach.

Like always, the twins began to kick and move around. "Okay, I get it, y'all could calm down now!" Emery said rubbing her stomach.

Matt lifted up her shirt and poked at her stomach, causing one of the twins to gently nudge Emery. "You just love when they do that don't you?" She said poking her stomach as well.

"Yeah. It's been eight months and I still can't believe that we made two functional human beings. One second their in my bal—" Matt tried to say but Emery cut him off.

"Nope, keep that shit to yourself and go back outside! Go, go, go!" She said shooing him away.

"Alright, I'm going." He said laughing.

Matt walked away but quickly turned back around and came back. He kissed Emery stomach like he always does before going back outside to play basketball with the guys. Emery contemplated on following him outside to get fresh air but decided against it and went back upstairs to finish painting.

While she was painting Matt was in the backyard playing basketball with his friends. He was in his zone, blocking shots and making them when his phone suddenly ringed.

"Hold up," he said walking away.

"Hello?" He said answering his phone.

"Matt? It's me, Katherine." He heard the all too familiar voice say.

Matt looked at his friends, sticking up his finger to give him one second before walking away from the group. "Didn't I tell you not to call me anymore?" He asked leaning against the wall.

 "Didn't I tell you not to call me anymore?" He asked leaning against the wall