Chapter 4

The sun was rising, and Ash walked towards the central plaza of Hau'oli City. He stood ready with a belt of six strong Pokemon. Across the plaza stood his longtime rival, with a belt of his own. The two trainers stared at each other before Paul finally spoke first.

"Does Six on Six sound appropriate?" Paul asked in his usual tone

Ash replied "Yeah, I'd expect nothing less!"

"Well, no sense beating around the bush. Ash, I intend to beat you today, and prove to myself that I can battle at a Champion level."

Ash scratched his head, puzzled at what Paul said "You don't want my title?"

Paul shook his head "Nope."

Ash just shrugged and gave Paul a small smile "Ready when you are!" Pikachu joined in "Pika Pika!"

Paul reached for his belt "Alright, Drapion standby for battle!" Paul threw a Poke Ball which contained a vicious purple scorpion.

Ash grabbed a Poke Ball of his own and threw it "Alright, Malmetal I choose you!" a powerful steel-type Pokemon emerged, and stared Drapion in the eye.

Paul threw his first towards Ash "Alright, let's get this battle started. Drapion, use toxic spikes!" Ash shook his head and pointed towards Drapion who was about to attack.

"Malmetal, Double Iron Bash!", Malmetal swung rapidly and hit Drapion twice in a row with devastating swings. Drapion flew back and slammed into the ground. Drapion doubled back and landed upright. Paul pointed at Malmetal and gave a command

"It's slow, so maneuver behind it! Use Pin Missile!", Drapion jumped behind Malmetal and launched a Pin Missile straight at Drapion. Malmetal didn't even flinch and swung his fists at Drapion above his head and they smashed into the Poison-type Pokemon down at a sickening speed. Drapion crashed into the ground and attempted to rise up and barely managed to stand up and gave a halfhearted roar.

Paul pointed at Malmetal "Alright Drapion, try and use your speed to your advantage and get that freaky Pokemon down"

Drapion rushed towards Malmetal who stood and waited for instructions from Ash. Drapion reached Malmetal and Ash yelled out an order, loudly pointing towards Drapion.

"Malmetal, use Flash Cannon point blank!"

Malmetal glowed and fired a flash cannon towards Drapion and Drapion crumbled to the ground. The Poison-type didn't get back up after the Flash Cannon.

Paul grumbled and recalled Drapion and spoke to the Poke Ball. "You gave it a good effort. Rest up now" He gave Ash a faint hint of a smile, causing Ash to flinch out of surprise. Paul spoke calmly "I'm impressed Ash, may I ask where you got that steel Pokemon"

Ash's eyes lit up and he responded happily to Paul "Right here in Alola! He's one of a kind as far as I know, Malmetal really is special!" Malmetal flexed to add to Ash's point. Paul just shook his head and pulled out his next Poke Ball.

"Alright, let's melt this steel type! Houndoom, standby for battle!" Paul threw his Poke Ball and a Houndoom emerged and gave a loud howl. Ash smiled and looked towards Malmetal

"Malmetal, are you good staying in?" Malmetal flexed itself and Houndoom barked angrily at Malmetal in response. Paul nodded at Houndoom and thus, the second round of the battle was underway.

"Houndoom, burn up Malmetal with Fire Blast!" Houndoom jumped up in the air and released a powerful blast of fire which flew straight towards Malmetal and sent the steel type staggering back in pain. Paul gave his next command "Houndoom, use sucker punch!" Houndoom ran towards Malmetal, but his attack passed straight through due to Malmetal not attacking. Ash yelled out "Malmetal, compose yourself! Hit Houndoom as hard as you can!" Malmetal swung his fists towards Houndoom and sent the fire-type dog straight into the ground.