ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛

Hiccup's POV

The raid was going great. We, of course, hadn't found the special dragon we were there for yet, but I'm sure someone would find it eventually. If it were another Night Fury... I stopped the thought. I shouldn't- I couldn't get my hopes up.

Toothless dove again, knocking me out of my thoughts. I adjusted my foot, putting the dragon's prosthetic tail into a better position.

One, two, three plasma blasts. Every single one hitting its target. They always do.

"Nice job, bud!" I said, patting his side with a grin. I glanced across the base, where Astrid and Stormfly were taking on a large amount of enemies. "Let's go help the girls out, yeah?"

In response, Toothless gurgled appreciatively. I smiled again. Switching foot positions, we started off.

But then something caught my eye.

Standing on the lookout tower were three archers.

I didn't think much of it, until they all drew an arrow and nocked them in sync. As if they had a target. As if they knew they were going to hit it.

My eyes followed the direction their arrows were pointing and cursed under my breath.

They were aiming right at Acacia and her dragon, who's backs were turned.

And there was no way they were going to miss.

I leaned forward in the saddle, whispering in Toothless' ear, "c'mon bud, Acacia's in trouble." When I pointed at the Hunters he seemed to understand. We shot forward, but the archers had already fired.

The three arrows soared through the sky. In seconds, they were nearly upon Acacia.

"No," I murmured, urging Toothless forward. I thought I lost Acacia before. I couldn't lose her now.

Even though it was a stretch to say she was truly my sister, I had to believe. Everyone who knew me thought my worst regret was shooting down and wounding Toothless, but deep down my biggest regret was letting my sister die.

I wouldn't lose her again.

"Acacia!"I hollered as Toothless shot closer. "ACACIA!"

Finally, she looked my way. Maybe it was me. Maybe it was the two other girls calling her name, in the dragon language. But she looked at me. Following my gaze, she saw the arrows.

Her dragon noticed the arrows at the same time. The dramillion closed her wings and dropped, but the arrows were already there. Unfortunately, gravity didn't work that fast.

"Now, Toothless." I cried, refusing to take my eyes off the doomed pair. "Shoot now!"

There may be a chance of hitting them, but that stood better than their chances with the arrows. And I couldn't do nothing.

The plasma blast soared through the air at breakneck speed. 

A split second before the arrows reached the dragon and my sister, Toothless' blast reached the arrows. 

They erupted into a shower of violet sparks, the explosion sending shockwaves across the sky. Like ripples in a pond.

Acacia and her dragon were thrown back. Her dramillion barely stayed in the air, and it was a miracle Acacia stayed on.

A wave of relief hit me. Acacia, although shaken, was very much alive.

Then a familiar whistle filled my ears. And it wasn't Toothless.