xxii. 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

"Why's he at mine and Malias stream?" Eli asked as him and Liam caught up with Stiles, looking at Theo standing on the small overpass

"Try to get his scent." Stiles encouraged Liam quickly. "Get anything?"

Liam shrugged. "Soap. It's nice. It smells good."

"Not his soap, his emotional state." Stiles said in disappointment. "Chemosignals, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. Okay." Liam nodded, getting an encouraging pat on the back from Eli. "I...he's sad."

"Aw." Eli frowned.

"He's sad?" Stiles looked his way.

"Well..not just sad...it's more like grief." Liam explained with a small shrug to his shoulders, trying to grasp it perfectly.

"Grief?" Stiles asked, the trio staring as Theo dropped a single, white flower into the stream. "Oh my god. Go. We have to go."

"Did he see us?" Eli asked as Stiles grabbed the pair, pulling them away.

"What? Why?" Liam asked as they were drug.

"Go! Right now. Just go." he insisted quickly as the trio hurried through the woods together. "That's the bridge where they found his sister."

"She ran away?" Eli asked.

"What sister?" Liam added.

"The one that got lost and died from exposure." Stiles explained quickly, clear guilt in his tone from dragging the pair out to follow him. "He's leaving a flower for her."

"Aw, poor thing." Eli frowned. "God, Stiles, now I feel like a horrible person."

"That doesn't sound evil." Liam looked over in disbelief.

"I know." Stiles huffed, the three pausing as they saw Theo standing on a tree branch above them, hoping down just a few feet infront of them.

A cheeky grin went across his face. "What are you guys doing?"

"Looking for Bigfoot." Eli said quickly, the first thing that came to mind.

Liam let out a low growl, Stiles tapping his arm to hold his back.

"Wow." Theo laughed, holding a hand up slightly. "Why do I get a feeling this kids tougher then he looks?"

"Only when we let him off his leash." Stiles said back, still keeping his hand on Liam's arm.

"Hi, Eli." Theo tilted his head so he could see him behind the pair. "How's Bigfoot hunting going?"

"Not so good, actually." he nodded, keeping behind Liam and Stiles.

"Stiles, we were in little league together. Why are you so suspicious of me?" Theo asked, a shake of his head and a smile on his face.

Stiles huffed, hesitating but pulling the parking ticket and transfer form from his hoodie pocket. "Because of these. Ones a speeding ticket signed by your dad eight years ago. The others a signature on a transfer form to Beacon High. They're different."