Chapter 2

(Writing this while in the car on the way to a Christmas party so...)

"Ah, Tommy, you ever seen someone so beautiful you couldn't stop thinking about them?" Wilbur leaned back on the couch in his living room, letting out a deep sigh.

He lived in an apartment with his two room mates, Jack and Quackity. But Tommy and his friends Tubbo and Ranboo tended to stop by a lot since they went to the college down the road.

"Why yes I have, Wilbur." Tommy sat up straighter, grinning.

"Oh really?" Wilbur smirked, "and who would that be?"

"Queen Lizzy of course!" Tommy retorted as if it was obvious.

"Oh Tommy." Wilbur shook his head smiling.

"Who were you talking about?" Tommy turned to him, taking a long sip of his coca-cola.

"The Queen of course!" Wilbur mocked.

"Really?! Why I knew you would come arou-" Tommy started.

"No! I was talking about Dream, the blonde barista, you dumb fuck."

"Wow, no need to be rude." Tommy murmured.

"Fuck, sorry Tommy. That was a bit harsh." Wilbur pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Eh, it's alright, Wilbur." Tommy got up from the couch and went into the kitchen. "If you can't get him off your mind then why don't you just go back to the coffee shop and fucking talk to him?" He threw his can in the trash and looked into the pantry.

"We didn't buy that food for you Tommy." Wilbur glanced over to him trying to sneak chips from the open pantry.

"Uhhhh, I don't know what you are talking about." Tommy hid the chips behind his back and shot over behind the counter.

"I just saw the fucking crisps in your hand." Wilbur sat up continuing to stare at Tommy try to sneakily open the chips.

"You're seeing things, Wilbur. You should honestly get your eyes checked." Tommy spoke as he shoved a handful of chips into his mouth.

"You know what? I'm just going to go to the coffee shop like you told me to." Wilbur sighed, standing from his spot on the couch, and grabbing his coat before leaving. "Don't eat all our food, please. We need to eat too you know."

He closed the door behind him, and let out a deep sigh. "That child is something else."

"Oh hello." Wilbur's neighbor, Philza, stood across the hall, seemingly also leaving the complex. He was a professor at the college Tommy and his friends attended.

"Good afternoon, Phil." Wilbur smiled, "Where you headed?"

"The store. Kristin needed some things for dinner." Philza replied, adjusting his coat. "How about you, mate?"

"Oh, just Steamy Beans Coffee." They began to walk down the hall to stairs together, Wilbur opening the door to the stair case to the lobby.

"Why am I not surprised." Phil laughed.

Philza pushed the door open to the parking lot. "Woo, it's cold out." He shivered, his breath forming clouds in the air.

"Yeah no kidding. Well it was nice speaking with you Phil!" Wilbur waved goodbye as Philza got in his car and drove off.

Wilbur decided to just walk the way to the Coffee shop. It wasn't too far from his apartment complex, so he often walked there.

Wilbur stepped along the sidewalk, his hands tucked into his light brown coat. The snow on the grass beside him, glittered in the sun light.  It was beautiful day outside, perfect weather for activities such as sledding. Too bad the closest sledding hill was around 40 minutes away.

He approached the crosswalk across from his destination. Cars wizzed past causing the wind to slightly ruffle Wilbur's hair.

It made him realize that he had left his favorite beanie at home. He was tempted to turn around go get it, but he was so close to the coffee shop and it was about a ten minutes walk to his apartment and back.

He sighed as the crossing light let him know he could cross.

Wilbur quickly crossed and entered the coffee shop. The little bell on the door notifying the workers of his arrival.

That's when chocolate brown eyes, met forest green. Wilbur froze. Had Dream gotten prettier since the last time he was here. His freckles barley noticeable above his mask. Blonde hair kind of messy, as though he had just ruffled it. Wilbur couldn't help the smile that took over his lips.

"Hello! Welcome to Steamy Beans Coffee!"

(738 words)