𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐞𝐞𝐤 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐦

Start from the beginning

The blood from his body poured out of him like a river and quickly rolled over to the side to avoid it from touching me.

The man from earlier ran behind the bar, a gun in hand and a knife in the other. "Alex, get her out of here!" The man said.

Alex quickly got up and grabbed me like I weighed nothing. He was old, but he moved as though he was in his twenties. He dragged me to the back of the kitchen where we exited through the back door.

Once my body came into contact with the cool London air it felt like all my senses came back. I let go of Alex hand and bolted towards the opposite direction. I could hear him yelling at me but I couldn't stop running, not until I got to my house.

I ignored the opened elevator and ran up the stairs to my flat. I opened the door and grabbed a chair, barricading the door. I turned off all of the lights and made sure the windows were locked before I collapsed onto the floor, my chest burning like hell.

My hands were shaking, as I tried to forget what just took place back at the pub. Everything happened so fast I really couldn't remember exactly what happened. However, I sure did remember the body on the ground and the look in that strangers eyes.

My phone rang, causing me to jumped. I took it out to see Alex calling me and I quickly turned my phone off. I moved away from the door and went into my room.

For the next couple of days I traded my phone in for my laptop and tv and relied on the news to keep me updated. The blood bath that occurred in the pub was enough to make national news, but it was never reported. It was like it didn't happen, and as day six approached it made me wonder if I was just crazy and hallucinating.

I for sure wasn't, but damn.

Whoever that man was, he had a lot of power. Enough to stop the media and hide—I'm sure, a couple of dead bodies.

My stomach growled and I walked over to the kitchen to search my pantry. I started this little lock in with little to no food and now my kitchen was empty.

I'm fucking starving.

I paced the kitchen as I weighed my options. I could either sit in this house and starve to death or go outside and take the chance. There was a grocery store down the street, all I had to do was grab a few things then run back home.

I was pondering but I already knew which one I chose. I walked out of the kitchen and threw on something sporty before grabbing my phone along with my satchel. I threw on my coat and began to move the barricade I had successfully built over the past six days.

I checked the hallway before walking out of my apartment and locking the door. I held onto my satchel tightly as I made my way down the steps. I walked out the stairwell, but immediately stopped in my tracks.

Shit, shit, shit!

The man from the pub noticed me and I quickly turned around and bolted towards the door, but before I could someone bear hugged me from behind. I stomped on the assailant foot as hard as I could and elbowed him in the face, causing him to let me go and fall to the floor.

I swung the door open only to be met with another burly man a foot taller than me. He tried to grab me but I kneed him in the crotch. As he crouched down I punch him with everything in me, causing him to fall and for me to cry.

I'm sure my knuckles were broken.

I turned around and stepped over the man, trying to get away but I bumped into the man whos been haunting my dreams.

Fuck.

"We aren't here to hurt you." He said throwing up his hands. "Although you did hurt my men." He said looking around me.

They were groaning and moaning on the floor and a part of me felt a little bad.

Sike.

"If you're here to kill me because you're afraid I might snitch then I promise you I won't. I just want to go about the rest of my life acting like I didn't see what I saw." I said avoiding eye contact.

The man turned my head and looked at me with a cocky smile. "I'm not here to kill you, I'm here to recruit you." He said.

Recruit? He think this the army?

"Recruit? You obviously have me mistaken for someone else. As you can see, all I did was run and hide." I said.

"You're right, I'm lying. You can't bring anything to the table. However, you're cute and like that." He said making my eyes go wide.

Wait, what did he just say to me?

I looked around before I completely lost it. I began to laugh like a mad woman. He had to be kidding me. "You're joking right? You're like what? Eight, ten years my senior." I laughed.

"I can assure you I don't joke. Now, you take your pretty little ass back upstairs and I'll come get you at eight. Dress nice." He said turning around and walking

"Who said I was going anywhere with you?" I deadpanned.

"Who said you had a choice." He said not even sparing me a second glance.

I turned around and stepped over the men who were still on the floor. "Sorry," I muttered.

As I made my way back up the steps all I could think was:

How the hell did I get involved in this mess?

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬
- merry Christmas everyone! I hope you guys have a wonderful day with your family and enjoy your day.

- stay safe and have fun💙