Chapter 1

• Dedicated to My best friend and roleplay buddy, Hollie. (a.k.a. ToraLover )

(Authors note:  The  name is just temporary. I couldnt really think of a title so I just used this one for now. I know there will be a lot of spelling errors and stuff so if you find one send me a message about it or something. I don't really know if I should continue this story or not. any and all feedback would be helpfull and wanted. If you think I should continue it then put it in a review or message or something. Oh, and another thing. You will see alot of text that looks like this in this chapter. Most of that is Raven and Arya talking in Raven's head cause that's how dragons talk. All you Eragon fans know what I'm talking about.  Well... Enjoy the story. Here's part 1 of... I dont know yet...and it's rated pg-13 cause I dont know how gorey I might make some parts if I go on. Just another side note. )

___________________________________________________

       How did I ever get into this situation? I thought to myself. I was perched up in the metal barricades of the academy laboratory, watching Rogan close in on my friend Salam, who was hiding behind the broken transporter.

 She was shivering in fear, her medium length red hair hung in loose strands over her face, but under all that I could see a fierce, determined look in her eyes.

Underneath me, Rogan slowly advanced towards her, his shaggy, blond hair drenched with sweat. He had a large gash on his forehead and lower leg, but otherwise seemed unharmed and unphased.

 I’ve got to do something. I let out a sigh and jumped down onto Rogan’s shoulders, causing him to collapse. A quick binding spell held him into place as I ran over to Salam.

"Are you ok?" I asked looking her over for any wounds. There was a large gash on her upper arm and a few burns on her hands and legs.

"Yea, I’m ok," she replied. "How about you?"

"I’m fine. I promise." I looked over my shoulder at Rogan who was struggling to get out of the binding spell. "We need to get out of here. That spell won’t hold much longer." As if to support me, we heard a large crack telling us that the spell was breaking. "Come on!"

We dashed out from behind the transporter and started heading to the door. A large fireball shot past our heads, telling us that Rogan has escaped the binding spell. I stopped and turned to Salam.

"Go ahead out. Raven should be here in any minute. I’ll be right out."

"But Arya…"

"Go!" I screamed at her.

 She dashed to the door and slipped out.

I turned to face Rogan. "I know what you want. I’m not going to give it to you," I told him, trying to keep my voice as steady as possible.

"You will give me what I want because you can’t stop me," he replied. He circled me, tense and ready to attack at any moment.

"We’ll just see about that." I summoned my earth energy and shot a bolt at him.

He dodged to the right and threw some fire disks at me. The sizzling sound of the fire filled my ears as they lodged into the wall by my ear. The flames seemed to leap out at me as I backed away from them.

Eyeing my opponent, I could see that he was weak and starting to shake. The large gash on his lower leg was still bleeding and causing him to limp slightly perfect! This might play out to my advantage. Summoning my energy, I leaped towards him and kicked his feet out from under him. There was a swoosh as he jumped to the side and grabbed my arm.

 His palms were clammy with sweat and closed on my arm in a death squeeze. He spun me around quickly and shot an air ball at me. The cold metal of the wall met my back faster than I thought as the air ball knocked me backwards. I fell to the floor, winded and a bit dazed from the force of the impact. Soft clicks told me that Rogan was walking over. My palms felt slippery on the cold metal as I tried to push myself to my feet.