The Beginning of the End

"FINALLY! IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU GOT MY FOOD READY!" The Rat King snapped.

"I apologize for the wait my king, there was a bit of a setback-" the cook started to explain but was cut off.

"I DON'T CARE! JUST SHUT UP SO I CAN EAT IN PEACE!"

"Of course, my king." The cook said before bowing calmly.

      The Rat King than gobbled his food down quickly as if he had a full meal in a whole month. Funny enough he was the 100 times the amount of weight that King Henry VIII. However, that's not what we came to discuss here today. The important subject is that for once he was thankful for the food as he complimented the chef.

"This is actually best the best you ever done, what did you put in it? I mean, it must be something new."

"Oh, all I did was put some garlic, onion, salt, chicken bouillon & jerk seasoning." The cook said nonchalantly.

"Now come along now, there must be something other that. I mean, that's what you always put in your food."

"Well . . ."

"Go on, say it."

"I apologize but it's a secret. "

"I promise I won't tell & neither will my dear wife. "

"Wife?" Klara asked in shock.

"Well . . . Alright, but it can't leave this room."

"I promise."

"Cross your heart?"

"I cross my heart as I hope to die. I swear on my life as if it was a poisoned knife."

"Alright, well the truth is . . ."

     They both stared at the chef in anticipation. They were both curious of this new addition to the food. Well, the Rat King was. Klara was just waiting to see his reaction. She had hoped that things went along smoothly for everyone.

". . . It's rat poisoning."

The Rat King gasped for air as his stomach started to churn. "W-what?"

"Yep. Rat poisoning. Oh, was I supposed to say that? Sorry, my king." The chef said before transforming into Pippy. " Also calm down, we wouldn't want your words to choke up, would we?"

        The Rat King than gasped for air. He than saw the Nutcracker & the toys came out. He saw the young girl hugged her cherished Nutcracker. He was angry & desperate as he tried to crawl to them after dropping to the floor. But soon he moved no more . . . As the Rat King was now no more.
______________________________________
400 words! Only one more chapter!