The Mice

Klara was shocked of the story. To her, it was a sad tale that started off as romantic but ended in tragedy. She, didn't exactly expected that to be the story of the nutcracker. She gazed sympathetically at him. She than gently hugged him.

"Poor nutcracker . . ." Klara murmured softly.

Her mother sighed. "Poor nutcracker indeed . . ."

" . . . Mama?"

"Yes dear?"

"Are you saying that they're in hiding, or at least one of them?" The young girl asked with hope in her eyes.

"Perhaps, perhaps not, no one really knows for sure how it entirely went down . . . Well, all except for the nutcracker. " The older woman said gently.

"But we'll never know, won't we?"

"Who knows. Maybe one day we'll know, now off you go to bed dear, it's time for you to rest. "

Klara smiled as the elder kissed her forehead. Some might say 15 year olds are far too old for bedtime stories. Netherless, she loved listening to her mother's story. She didn't know why but it didn't matter to her. Maybe it was a child at heart & was still a dreamer, yes, that must be the reason why she's always so jovial despite all the hardships in the world.

Klara got ready & went to bed soon after. Klara, of course, had her nutcracker with her. She didn't want to fall asleep as she wanted to make sure he was safe but she soon blacked out into her dream state. Than, all was silent with nothing but sleeping bliss. That is, until there were some scratching noises heard in the living room.

One little mouse came through a hole that it had made in the wall. Soon, another one came out too. And another, & 5 more before it became 10 more, 25 more, 50 more, 100 more until it was up to 1000 little mice infesting the living room. They all trailed up the stairs with a goal in mind. They all had one purpose for their visits, & they were gonna meet it.

They all crept into Klara's room. They soon took out an amulet & pointed towards the sleeping girl. A beam of light soon appeared & was shot at Klara. She soon began to shrink as she was unaware that this was happening. She than fluttered her eyes open when the deed was done, waking up before screaming.
______________________________________
390 words.