Flashback

"Yumi?" Axarii muttered.

"Yes Axarii?"

"Why does Bryant hate me so much?" She asked softly. A small sigh escaped from Yumi before she patted Axarii's head.

"He doesn't hate you.. he's just-"

"Stop lying. He does hate me... he even told me he did the other day." Axarii added.

"He did?" She asked, Axarii nodding her head.

"That guy... it's nothing you did, he's still just upset about mom passing away." Yumi admitted.

"And... you look so much like her so it brings up memories." She added before cupping Axarii's face.

"No matter how mad we get at one another, we're siblings okay? So we'll always be there for each other." Yumi stated.

"Really?" Twelve year old Axarii asked. Yumi nodded her head in response.

"You don't hate me do you Yumi?" She asked.

"No. Of course not, you're my sister."

Not too long after their conversation, Bryant came down the stairs.

"I'll be back in a few." Was all he said before heading towards the door.

Okay be safe-" Yumi began but stopped when Axarii ran towards Bryant, hugging him just as he opened the door.

"What are you-"

"I'm sorry... please don't be mad at me anymore, I don't like it." Axarii muttered out as she held the end of his jacket.

"I love you." She added. Both Bryant and Yumi were surprised from her outburst. A giggle escaped Yumi before she ran towards the two, hugging them both.

"Yeah! We love you Bryant!" Yumi exclaimed, kissing him all over the face. Bryant groaned out before pushing Yumi away, a small smile forming on his face.

Okay." He said before pulling the two closer, Axarii smiling brightly.

"I love you too." He admitted.

"And I'll always be here to protect you two." Bryant added.

****

Present

"Axarii I-" Bryant began.

"That's enough Bryant." A voice from behind spoke out.

After roughly wiping my eyes I looked at the person leaning against the doorframe.

"Dad? What are you doing here?"

****

Xavier's POV

"I swear! That's all I know. Please Zay... spare me-" Rachael began.

My grip tighten around her neck, "Don't. Don't fucking call me that." I spat out. After I let her go I called Mason into the room.

This is not good.

"Anything good?" He asked.

"Mason, where is Arii's dad?" I asked him. He looked at me in confusion before responding, "I'm not really sure. We told him about finding Bryant and he just took off." He shrugged.

That damn man. "Mason don't you understand. Bryant's not the one we need to be after. It's their father, he's behind all of this!" I yelled out, Mason looked at me in shock and disbelief.