"Should I meet your mother or something?" He asked, his face heats up when the words leave his mouth.

Lyra laughed, which made him more embarrassed. "You want to meet my mom?" She questioned.

"Isn't that something..." He hesitated, "...people do when they are together? Mundane type things?"

Their eyes meet.

Her smile is enough to make him flustered.

"Nevermind." Jace immediately pulled it all back while sitting up. Turning his face away to hide his embarrassment. "It was a stupid question."

Lyra brought herself up while hugging one of his large arms, cuddling into him with bright eyes. "No, it's not, it's cute." She giggled when he grumbled and reached over, turning Jace's face towards her. She grinned at him before leaning in for a kiss.

He kissed her back without missing a beat. His mind going all fuzzy as he lost himself in her.

No girl has gotten his attention like this before, nor made him feel so weak with just a kiss. Lyra could do him in faster than any demon ever could. She really is just that beautiful and someone he cherished so.

When she pulled away, Jace tried to lean in for more but she blocked his lips with her thumb. Her forehead leaning against his while she laughed again at his reaction.

"You can't leave me like this. It's evil," Jace said, panting and eyes closed.

"How about tomorrow evening?" Lyra asked, her voice light yet serious, "Mom's been bugging me for a dinner, for some reason. She's been a little weird these days. But I think that's just because of...ya know..." Her voice drifted off as the smile left her face.

Jace's arms tightened around her waist. "Your father and your dad..." While she nodded, his features grew softer. "...and How are you doing with all of that exactly?" He wondered.

Because he knew what it was like to lose a parent. His dad may have been an abusive prick, but he was still his father. It hurt all the same.

He hated that Lyra had to go through it now, too.

Lyra looked up at the sky. Her eyes focusing on the two brightest stars that seemed to twinkle as she thought of them. The weight in her heart felt heavy.

She pointed to the two stars. "I think my father and Jack are up there. We used to make shapes out of the stars, remember, and a part of me believes that they joined them, too." Her eyes gleamed. "Is that naive of me?"

Jace shook his head, looking at the stars too. "They're watching over you," He agreed with her.

She thanked him silently by bringing their intertwined hands up to her lips and kissing the back of his palm. "Do you think your father is watching you?" She wondered.

Jace would have answered honestly to anyone else, but not her. Truth is, even as a nephilim, he didn't believe in heaven or hell. Only angels and demons. What happened after death, he didn't like to think about. Certainly, he hoped that his father was not watching him.

If his father ever saw how tame he grew around Lyra, he would have been livid.

"I don't know," Jace answered.