TWENTYSIX

╚»★«╝

╚»★«╝

The Institute was filled to the brim with Shadowhunters on high alert. Since the unknown break-in, there has still been an investigation going on with what and who came in.

No one knew since the place had been turned upside down to find anything missing. So far, no one had reported anything.

The group were at different levels of awareness at the moment as they clambered into the council room with a room of other Shadowhunters. All of them called in for an important meeting of some sort.

Lyra, Jace, Alec, and Izzy stood together near the front of the crowd. All of them looking at the numerous Heads standing near the front podium.

"Why are they all here?" Isabelle whispered to them, her expression filled with uncertainty, "Did Mom mention anything about this meeting to you?" She looked at Alec.

Alec wasn't listening. He was searching the room for a certain boy. Even with his height advantage, he couldn't find him though. Huffing, he looked down to see his sister staring at him expectedly. "What?" He snapped at her.

Isabelle scowled at him. "What's your deal?" She snapped back, crossing her arms. She moved to stand by Lyra instead.

Lyra was stuck in conversation with Jace though. "Why didn't Maryse want us to know about the Venatori?" She asked him, still on edge.

She acted different all morning. Usually she was just sweet, innocent Lyra. But since the news of her family, it was like all of that was just gone.

Jace hasn't brought it up yet, since she was still grieving, but it did bother him. "I already told you, I don't know," He replied the same way with a tired sigh.

"Or maybe you just don't want to tell me," Lyra answered back. She crossed her arms as she faced forward, narrowing her eyes towards the Heads. "We said we would work together. We shouldn't keep stuff from each other," She fired back.

Jace looked at her roughly. "I'm not hiding anything. If there was something to tell you, I would. Why don't you trust me?" He countered in the same sharp tone as she had.

Lyra didn't answer that. Her jaw tightening and she decided to ignore him.

Jace rolled his eyes forward in disbelief.

"Guys," Isabelle was looking over her shoulder with many of the other Shadowhunters, her face filled with shock and disbelief, "Heads up."

The other three turned in unison. Their own faces shifting into the same reaction as the first, jaws dropping.

The Darkblood brothers strutted into the room in a diamond formation. All of them dressed to the nines in luxury clothing and dark gazes shadowed with their untouchable auras. But what was most shocking of all...was that Henry was leading their fray.