❥ Chapter Thirty-Two: Trauma

Depuis le début

"I woke up, washed away on the shore. I didn't know how long I was unconscious for but when I opened my eyes, all my injuries are gone." I muttered.

"Did someone heal you?" Roni asked, puzzled. I turned to look at her, it's my turn to be confused.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Your injuries were gone when you wake up so is did someone help you with your wounds?" She clarified her question but I remained still. With a creased forehead I shook my head.

"I found this cave and this has been my home. I only go out when the sun is up to gather firewood and something to eat." I changed the topic.

Roni nodded. She then put the meatloaf on the plate and I hurriedly grabbed her tumbler before pouring it some clean rain water. She didn't say anything else while we're eating. The silence is way too silent for me, as if she's thinking of something. I can see it the way her brows furrowed.

I stared at her, she's eating absent mindedly and she almost bit her fingers because of that. I didn't got any spoon or fork, I used my hands ever since when I eat so I'm surprised that Roni is doing the same way too. She didn't even bother to ask where the utensils are.

"Roni." I called gently. She stopped eating before she turned to look at me. "Can I ask you something?" I asked nervously. Roni simply nodded at me, I got the feeling that she already knows what I am going to ask her.

"How did you cope up with the trauma when you arrived back at the city?" I whispered but enough for her to hear.

Roni drank from her tumbler and then she put her plate on the ground. She started biting her nails after. The question is making her nervous. I shook my head and smiled.

"Never mind. Anyways, are you done eating? I'll wash the plates." I said as I stood up. I grabbed her plate and walked towards the small table I made.

"I resigned at Antigen." She muttered. I was surprised to hear that. She quit the job that she had always dreamed of? Why?

"I think I start the story when Art and I arrived at the Antigen compound." She quietly said. I didn't turn around, I know she doesn't want me to see her forlorn expression. I badly want to go back and sit beside her and comfort her. But I can't.

"The media were around so it wasn't smart of me to start a scandalous act." Roni then chuckled, a fake one.

"I made a scene at one of the best pharmaceutical company because of the tragedy. They won't take responsibility, instead they want me to lie to the public." Her voice almost cracked. I closed my eyes in exasperation.

"I was condemned and was dubbed as the crazy zoologist who killed her companions on the expedition."

I fisted my hands, I want to punch her bosses so badly right now. They are all merciless and heartless, after what Roni did for the company. They just eradicate her like that? Bullshit.

"Jelly helped me get through every day. She financed the psychologist who checks up on me every now and then. I have lots of part time job since all the money, all my savings aren't enough as reimbursement to the families of my team."

I closed my eyes when I heard a sob escaped from Roni's mouth. I can't imagine how hard it is for her to juggle numerous jobs to earn a living. I am mad at myself for letting her suffer like this.

"I lost half of my memories because of trauma, one triggered, I automatically faint. That is also why no one believes me. No one believes that the werewolves exist. Antigen burned all the evidences."

No wonder she asked me about someone who might helped me heal my wounds. She didn't remember the one when Luna captured all of us and bit us all.

With her last statement, I turned my heel and hurriedly sat down beside her. I pulled her gently into my arms as she cries on my chest. My heart is shattered, seeing her so broken.

"It was so hard Jack that I thought I'm better off dead than living. Every day is a little harder because you weren't around." She whispered. I swallowed the lump on my throat and tried to force my tears back to my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Roni. I'm sorry baby." I mumbled on her hair. Roni continued weeping and I rocked her gently on my arms to calm her down. I felt my shirt is now wet from her tears but she still isn't done crying. I really can't imagine what she's been through.

"I remember all of our friends and how they died but I can't picture out what Luna did to me. Art said that it was a traumatic event but I want to remember, Jack. I want to remember what I lost and what I forgot all these years." She muttered as she lifts her head up. I looked down to face her. Her nose is now read and eyes are puffy. I wiped her tear-stained face.

"I'm sure you'll remember eventually, just take it slow Roni." I murmured. I bend down and kissed her temple. She closed her eyes and smiled a little.

Roni nodded at me and when she opened her eyes, she immediately wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer. I leaned on her face and in a few moments, our lips touched. The feeling of longing sparked a desire on my chest as I pulled her more, closer. We were breathless after the passionate kiss.

She smiled at me and I smiled back. She pressed her forehead on mine and matched my breathing.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you too. Always." I replied before sealing those words with a kiss.

If I could stop time, I would right now. If I could heal Roni's sadness, I would. I would gladly take it all because I love her.

------------------------------------------

SPG next so please be open-mined. You've been warned HSHSHS :>