XVIII - I'll Go Wherever You'll Go

While sitting on a park bench, Rona was enclosed in Seokhoon's arms as they stare at the view of trees, flowers, grass fields, and people walking and playing in the field. None of them said anything at that moment. They were just enjoying each other's presence and warmth while silently thinking about what the future held for the two of them.

Rona, who was aware that she only has more than a month left to live, couldn't help but tear up silently in her place. When she was still in Paris, she learned to accept her horrifying reality and was literally waiting for her time to come but now that she was surrounded by her loved ones which were her family, friends, and the love of her life, she wanted to have more time to spend with time.

She was not asking for so much. Even just a few months or years will do. She just wanted to see those people whom she loves for a little longer but somehow, she felt that she was wishing for the impossible. It was like wishing for something non-existent to be given to her.

She didn't want to give up just yet but she knows that her time is about to come soon and with that, she wanted everyone to prepare for her upcoming departure. She wanted to fight but there was no sense in doing so anymore.

Seokhoon on the other hand was in the phase of his life wherein he was becoming desperate. He just loves Rona so much that he didn't want to give up on her just as how he did before. He knew that these were the times Rona needed his love and support and that is what exactly he was doing right now.

But he can't just stand there, do nothing, and wait for a miracle for his girlfriend. He knew that this trial was given to them for a reason. He can somehow feel that Rona will overcome this challenge in her life because she is strong and courageous enough to face this. Time is ticking and he has a little time left to look for a way to save the love of his life.

After discussing the treatment procedure with the Doctor, Seokhoon had a strong feeling that this was the miracle all of them has been looking for. Seokhoon called everyone which includes his girlfriend's parents, his parents, and their friends to ask for their opinions about the treatment. After talking with Rona's parents, his parents, and friends, they wanted Rona to try undergoing the therapy but even Rona's parents told him that it must be Rona who will decide whether or not she will try to undergo treatment one last time.

He brought Rona out to the park to talk to her about it, hopefully, he will be able to convince her to undergo the treatment for the last time. Taking a deep breath, Seokhoon looked up to the sky above them and said.

Today's weather is wonderful, isn't it?

Rona slightly nodded and looked up to the sky, flashing a smile.

Yes, it is, jagi. It's so nice to have a breath of fresh air. The hospital room is so boring.

Seokhoon held Rona closer to him and tightened his hold on her as if scared of letting her go.

Don't worry, Rona-yah. Once you get all better, you will have to say goodbye from this hospital and live happily with your family. I'll wait for you to get better and after that, I will propose to you once again and this time, nothing will break us apart anymore, and will stay by each other's side as we marry.

Rona bit her lip and teared up silently in her place. She wanted all of these to happen but with her body and health declining every single day, she knows that these are all impossible.

Yes and if ever we will have our kids, I want them to be twins. A boy and girl to be exact just like you and Seokkyung. Wouldn't that be wonderful, Seokhoon-ah?

Seokhoon took a deep breath to stop the sobs coming out of his mouth and through the tears, he forced a smile and nodded at her while diverting his gaze to the grass field in front of them.

Yes. But it doesn't matter if our child will be twins or not or if they are male or female. Anything would be fine as long as it came from you and me. It doesn't matter since they are the product of our love.

Rona buried her head in Seokhoon's chest and cried hard.

Why does the world have to be so cruel to us, Seokhoon-ah? I just want to live longer and be with you and my loved ones. Is it too much for me to ask? Is this the consequence of me choosing my dreams over you before? This is all my fault. I have been so selfish. I deserve all of this.

Seokhoon turned to Rona and rubbed her back to comfort her.

No, Rona-yah. If there's someone who should be blamed for this, it should be me. If only I haven't been such a jerk, maybe these horrible things didn't happen to you, to us. I should've understood you and supported you during the time you needed me the most. I'm sorry, Rona-yah. I am.

The lovers continued to cry their hearts out, pouring all their sadness, regrets, and pain.

If ever I'll go, would you marry someone else?

Rona-yah.......

Just answer me.

Taking her hand where he placed the promise ring, he fiddled with the diamond in the ring and kissed it.

Do you think I'll do the same mistake I did three years ago? If ever that happens, I would not date nor marry someone else because I don't think I'll be able to move on if you'll leave me all alone. Maybe, I should just be gone too.

Seokhoon-ah!

What do you want me to do then, Rona-yah? Start anew with someone else when I know my heart will always be yours.

Why do you have to make things hard for me? How can I leave you at ease and in peace if you're like that?

I'm serious, Rona. I will go wherever you'll go.

Rona stared at her boyfriend with her teary eyes and after a few moments, she began hitting his chest lightly.

Stupid! You're so stupid! Why do you have to be so stupid?!

Seeing his girlfriend in this state, Seokhoon knew that his girlfriend was already starting to give up on her life.

He gently grabbed her arms and engulfed her in a hug once again.

Yes, I am stupid. I am stupid because until now, I am still trying to figure out a way to save you from your illness. I still hope and believe that you will eventually be healed and recover your health no matter how much people around me discourage me, telling me that your case is hopeless!

Seokhoon-ah.......

Taking a deep breath, Seokhoon looked straight into her beautiful eyes and finally told her about the therapy.

Rona-yah, listen to me. I've been continuously searching for ways to prolong your life and your time with us. Recently, I've talked to a Doctor suggested by my Appa and your oncologist that could help you win this battle. I know we are already in the last stage of your battle with your sickness but I didn't want to give up on you immediately.

Taking her hands into his, he looked at her and told her

Rona-yah, will consider undergoing treatment for your sickness for the last time?

Rona didn't talk or utter anything, not even a single word. Instead, she just stared into Seokhoon's handsome face with an unreadable expression.

Come on, jagi. I think this is the miracle all of us have been waiting for. Most of the people who underwent the treatment gained positive results and we are all hopeful that this one could work on you as well. Jagi, please consider this. We still want to have you around for a longer time.

Author's note:

So will Rona accept Seokhoon's proposal or not?