II - Reality

Inside a fancy ballroom at one of the most famous hotels in South Korea, Seokhoon is currently talking with his business partners and associates as they celebrate the most-awaited turnover ceremony for the position of JK Group of Companies CEO.

Joo Dantae, along with his wife, Shim Suryeon, approached their son to congratulate him.

While tapping his son's broad shoulders, he spoke.

Congratulations, my son. I can now finally enjoy my life to travel around the world with your mom and leave all the stress of the companies to a responsible, young man like you.

Dantae said while smiling at his son who was now the new CEO of JK Group of Companies.

Thank you so much, appa. I will not disappoint you.

Seokhoon replied to his father while returning the smile he gave him.

How I wish Rona was here to celebrate this important moment with you. Too bad the two of you broke up.

Dantae suddenly said that making the smile on his son's face vanish quickly.

Here they go again. Seokhoon could feel his heart being pricked by thousand of needles as his father mentioned his ex-girlfriend's name.

Seokhoon knows how much his family, especially his father and sister wanted him to end up with Rona. In fact, during the time he proposed to Rona, it was his family who helped him to prepare everything. Aside from their close friends, it was his family who witnessed their journey as lovers from the time they got together until the time they broke up.

Their happy memories with each other during the time they were dating still haunts him everytime and he can't help but feel emotional and regretful for breaking up with her during the time she needed him the most.

Honey, don't bring it up. I'm sure both of them have already moved on and living their own lives individually. Rona is having the time of her life in Paris and is now a famous artist all around the world. They are both successful persons already. I know how much you liked Rona to be his wife but I don't think it is necessary for you to bring this up anymore. It's been a long time since they broke up.

Suryeon said to her husband when she noticed how Seokhoon froze at the mention of his ex-girlfriend's name. The woman who always had a huge spot in his heart, maybe until now.

Besides, Seokhoon is already engaged to his current girlfriend. Maybe Rona is also seeing someone else at this point as well. Let's just be happy for the both of them.

She continued her statement with a low voice.

Yes. Seokhoon is already engaged to his current girlfriend, Kim Hyemi which is a daughter of one of their business partners.

But why did Seokhoon date her and even got engaged with her if his heart is still Rona's all this time?

Seokhoon saw Rona from her. Although Rona and Hyemi are two different persons, Hyemi's actions, attitude, and behavior totally reminds him of Rona. There was a time when he made himself believe that he already moved on from Rona and it is already Hyemi whom he loves but no, he realized it recently that it is Hyemi's resemblance from Rona that he loved about her, not Hyemi herself.

He knows that it would be unfair for Hyemi to trap her in a loveless marriage. He knows that it would be unfair to make a good person like Hyemi as his rebound but knowing that Rona might never come back in his life, he decided to keep his engagement with Hyemi going, thinking that he might learn how to love Hyemi fully like how he did with Rona for the past 10 years.