Chapter 7

Lauren's POV

Every day consists of 24 hours. There are 60 minutes within every hour. 60 seconds in minute. It’s only been 2 days, 48 hours, or 2,880 minutes since Camila called it quits. Every minute that passes gets harder and harder to bear without her, knowing she isn’t mine. I can’t hold her, kiss her and most of all tell her that I love her. I don’t know how long I could take this pain. I never felt this way before. I can’t eat, sleep, and think, I basically cannot function.

She won’t even let me explain. If she just hears me out she would understand. I did this for her. All I wanted to do is be the best girlfriend I could be and give her everything she’d been dreaming of. I saved up all my money from babysitting, allowance, and birthday money on Camila’s big party. I missed 2 days of school because I couldn’t stand to see her. I couldn’t stand to see her hurt, I would only try to make things better but clearly she doesn’t want anything to do with me.

It was now Friday afternoon, thank goodness because I’m not ready to go back to school. I don’t think I will ever be ready. I was lying in bed wrapped in all my blankets and I had all the blinds closed. I’d isolated myself from the world. I purposely turned off my phone. I haven’t spoken to anyone in 2 days. I didn’t want to speak or hear from anyone, only Camila; but I knew she wouldn’t talk to me.

My parents tried getting me to eat and talk but there’s nothing to say. I would sit at the dinner table empty, hardly touch my food and sit there without a word. I mean how am I supposed to tell my family I can’t function without the girl I’m madly in love with? Is it even possible to explain something so complicated as my situation? I’ve been using marijuana for the past 2 days to forget and be care free. But it doesn’t help. I’ve hit rock bottom.

My thoughts were interrupted when all of a sudden I see someone walk into my room and open up the certain to let the sun in. I quickly covered my face. A familiar voice started talking to me.

“Laur, this isn’t good for you. Staying in bed isn’t going to help make this any better. Why don’t we go out to eat and talk? Get some fresh air. We can go to your favorite place?” It was my best friend Alexa. She sat next to me and tried moving the blankets to see my face. But I pulled them even harder. Eventually she got me too look at her. She was worried. But I didn’t care. I didn’t care about anything anymore.

“Stop. I can’t ok. I’m not hungry.” As if right on time my stomach started grueling. I tried covering my face because I didn’t want her to see me so fragile. I’m never this fragile. I used to be popular and class president. Everything went my way; there was never a sad day in my life.

“Look at you Lauren! Your eyes are so irritated and you look dehydrated from all the crying. You haven’t showered. You hardly even eat!!” She said a bit more loudly but I could see the concern in her eyes. I wanted to fight back but I couldn’t all I did was cry. I cried and cried, hysterically actually. I thought I couldn’t cry anymore but boy I was wrong.

“I’ll be right back okay I’m going to make you something to eat.” She left the room and headed down stairs.

After a while I stopped crying because I realized what I could do to numb the pain. I quickly got out of my bed and went to my bottom dresser where I have my little bag of cocaine. I lay it on the table and get my I.D card to separate how much I was going to take. I got the little tub and put it near my nose ready to inhale.

“LAUREN!!” my best friend yelled at me and took the drugs away. I didn’t get to do it so I started crying again.

“You don’t understand the pain I’m in. Everything hurts. I’m tried of feeling like this! I’ve does it before it’s not going to kill me and if it did so what there’s no point in living because Camila is my life!” she didn’t answer all she did was hug me. I lost it. I cried so much I collapsed in her arms.