Chapter 8

Morning came in Halloween Town. And the mortals were gathered in the same hallway, ready to get out of the town and head back to the real world.

Chip said, "Now that everyone is awake and fed, we have to get out of this town." Lunamon asked unsure and worried about Shoutmon, "But guys, should we stay here for I don't know a day?" Lucy said, "Lunamon, we've been staying here in this world since Halloween has past. We need to get out of here." Sonja said, "Come on, everyone. Let's all go home." The mortal others walked down the hall to get out of the castle.

Jasmine said, "Soon kids, we'll be home free." "Lunamon?" Shoutmon asked when he came from around the corner. Jasmine growled in annoyed that she jinxed.

Lunamon turned around to face Shoutmon and said, "Shoutmon, hi. Good morning." Shoutmon asked, "Where are you all going?" Lucy lied, "Uh, we were...about to...go outside and take a morning walk." He asked raised his eyebrow (if he has one), "You're not planning to leave the town, are you?" Jasmine lied, "What? Who? Us? No. Why would you think we'll do something like that?" Shoutmon pointed out, "Because you guys were nearly close to the town entrance gate couple of times." Peter L. said, "What? We were planning to go back home which is a mortal world."

All of the mortal family stares at Peter L. unbelievably. He just told the Digimon King that they're trying to escape. Gaia yelled, "Peter L.!"

Shoutmon said, "Hmm. Okay. I get it now. But listen, I'm going to Phineas and Ferb's laboratory to pick up some few experiments. And I don't want any of you to leave the castle until I return. Do you all understand?" The family just couldn't believed it. Especially Shoutmon knew, he still won't let them leave.

Mortals had no choice for now before said, "We understand." He said, "Good. Oh. And as for your 20 kids, you all should go to Gumdramon's playing area and play with him. I think he's gotten a little bored today." After Shoutmon walked out, Guy asked, "Now what?" Chip said, "I don't know. I'll think of something." Lunamon starting to wonder why Shoutmon is getting some of those experiments and what is he up to.

Later, after Shoutmon got some experiments for Christmas, he asked Mikey to be in the library so the two of them could start some tests.

They test one of the Christmas decoration of berry, but it got shattered into peices.

Shoutmon and Mikey puts the candy cane on a hot water to let it steam, but it got turned into a wiggling candy. Not a best thing to try eating it.

They folded the blank piece of paper into a triangle before cutting the small  triangles on the ledges of the paper with a scissors to make a snowflake. But when they opened up the paper, it somehow became a spider in a web.

Later, they take one of the Christmas oderment, smashed it into tiny pieces, and pour it in the measuring cup fill with water as it starting to glow green.

Mikey said, "Hmm. Interesting reaction." Shoutmon asked, "But what does it mean?" Mikey said, " That I do not know."

In the kitchen, Lunamon made a soup for her family. Including Gumdramon who got in the kitchen, feeling hungry. Gumdrumon said, "Thanks for having me over for dinner, Lunamon." Lunamon said, "It is no problem. I do like feeding and helping people." She poured the soups into the bowls and both Jasmine and Sonja placed the bowls in front of the kids.

Gumdrumon said, "I sure wish Dad could stop working on whatever he's doing." Lunamon said, "Me too. And I wish I should know what he was doing in that library. I hope it doesn't have to do with Christmas." Jasmine said, "Not to mention that both Shoutmon and Mikey didn't eat anything or even take a break." Lunamon suddenly had an idea.

"That's it. Jasmine, help me with this." Jasmine who doesn't have a clue but followed Lunamon.

Pink rabbit Digimon poured some few soup in the separate containers, she and Jasmine placed the soups in the basket along with a drinks. As Jasmine carried the basket, two girls walked to the library.

Shoutmon wrote down a math problem about Christmas, but couldn't even figure out how to solve it.

A door was suddenly being knocked on from the other side. Shoutmon stays focusing on a problem, but the door kept knocking. "Mikey, can you see who's at the door and ask them to leave? I'm not in a mood for this right now." Shoutmon asked. Mikey got up from his seat and walks towards the door.

Outside the library, Jasmine and Lunamon heard someone coming towards the door. "Here they come. Go, go, go, go, go." Lunamon whispered and she and Jasmine ran down the hall.

Mikey opened the door and found no one is standing out. He looked around to find someone, but find nothing. When he looked down, he saw a basket filled with food and drinks. Mikey was wondering how it get here and who put it. Mikey picked up the basket and brought it inside before closing the door.

Mikey said, "I didn't see who was at the door, but they did brought us some dinner. I guess we haven't eat anything for almost the entire day." Shoutmon turned around and walked to the basket. He picked up the container that's filled with soup. He opened it up, take a spoon full and taste it.

Shoutmon was astonished by the sweet taste and recognized who made this soup. "Lunamon." Shoutmon said softly while smiled. Mikey waste no time but to take the other container filled with soup and taste it. He smiled too, knowing how good it was. Two guys started eating their meal.

Lunamon walked to Shoutmon's bed, lay on it, and went to sleep. She then start to have a dream. It's about Shoutmon's Christmas tree and Shoutmon. Then, everything including Shoutmon is on flames.

Lunamon woke up from a bad dream. The king who is now sleeping next to Lunamon pulled her back down on the bed and wrapped his arms around her waist like he knew that she has a good dream. But to Lunamon, it was a horrible nightmare. She knew bringing Christmas to Halloween and putting them together was a huge terrible idea.