Chapter 4

Lunamon walked through the gate bars back to the town. She couldn't forget that Shoutmon was tired of the same thing every year. She wished that there is someway to help him.

A sudden hand grabbed Lunamon by the ears and pulled her up off the ground. "There you are. We were wondering where you've went. Hey, everyone! I found her!" Discord called. Tagiru, Ewan, McWinkle, and Gluntz ran to Discord and Lunamon. Gluntz asked, "Where were you?" Lunamon thinks a way to make the excuse. She lied, "I...was...looking for my friends." "Is that them?" McWinkle asked moving to the side to show Jasmine, Sonja, Guy, Lucy, Chip, and the kids who were waving nervously.

"Yes..." Lunamon slowly said. "Shall we return back to the castle?" He asked. The mortals forces to followed the ghouls back to Shoutmon's castle.

In the castle, the ghouls puts the kids back to their rooms, leaving the adults to stay in the resting chamber.

"What were you all doing trying to leave town when Shoutmon offers you a room?" Ewan asked the mortals. Guy lied, "Exploring." McWinkle asked disbelieved, "Nearly outside the town?" He lied, "Were we? Oh, we must've taken the wrong turn around the fountain." Chip lied, "Yeah. I guess after exploring around the town, we must've lost our way to get...back to the castle." No ghouls believes their lies.

Discord said, "Nice try. But if you wanted the tour around our town, you should've asks. And besides, if Shoutmon hears that you guys are gone, he'll have our heads. Literally." The mortals hold on to their necks and gulped. Lucy said afraid, "I hate it when they have to take things literally."

Next morning, Yoyo and Doc Croc walked to the kids' room and Doc Croc knocked on the door. Polly open the door and see the unexpected visitors. Polly asked, "You?" Yoyo said, "You!"

She said, "Uh... You must've came to the wrong door." She was about to close the door, but Yoyo pushed the door back and said, "I've got a bone to pick with you!" Polly said as she was backing up away from Yoyo who is walking towards her, "If you're here for a apologize for pecking your nose, then here it is. I'm sorry. " Her back hits the wall and Yoyo said, " I don't want your apologies. I want you to kiss my nose to make it feel better." Polly said, "Oh, okay." She slowly walked close to Yoyo and peck kissed his nose before asked, "Happy?" He said, "Very." Doc Croc said, "Come along, younglings, it's time for breakfast." The 20 kids' faces turned green, knowing whatever type of gross food they have, it won't tastes good. They followed Doc Croc and Yoyo to the Dining room.

Later, some people were outside chatting. Until they noticed Guy and Jasmine are walking to the gate. Rivet asked Jasmine, "Hey, sweetheart. Where are you and your friend going? You're not planning to leave town without Shoutmon's permission, are you?" Jasmine lied, "Who? Us? No. We're not going anywhere. We were just...uh..." "Checking out the gate." Guy lied for Jasmine. Clank asked, "Why would you look at the gate?" Guy lied, "For...the um...theory on how tall this gate really is." Jasmine lied, "Yeah. We're not planning on leaving. Look, see? We'll prove it to you."

She and Guy humming the Halloween song from last night as they walked towards the gate. With Jasmine hidden behind Guy, she took out her measuring tape and starts measuring the bars.

Guy keeps humming, pretending like nothing is happening. Sam even joined the humming as he moves close to the Knot. Guy tries to moves away from Sam, but he keeps moving closer to him. Guy has to be careful not to move away from Jasmine, cause if he do, the town's people will know what they're really up to.

Jasmine wrote down the length of the gate and before she was about to whispered Guy that she got the numbers, she noticed the purple dragon was standing there, staring at her.

"Go on, little dragon. Go and fight off some knights, guarding princesses, or whatever." Jasmine whispered. But Spyro grabbed the paper that Jasmine wrote down. Jasmine grabbed the paper, pulling it, and whispered, "No, no, no, no. Bad dragon. Bad dragon! Let go!" The paper ripped in half and she falls back.

The people noticed Jasmine felled on her back. Jasmine nervously laughed and lied, "I was writing a good essay about the gate?" Guy smiled nervously. Ratchet said disbelieve, "Nice try. You're lucky that we won't tell Shoutmon about this. But you two are coming with us." He and Rivet grabbed Jasmine and Sam grabbed Guy. Both of them grabbed the gate and struggling to pull away. But with brutal force, three ghouls managed to pull Guy and Jasmine back, making them to let go.

In the castle, Chip and Lucy were walking out of the Dining room, feeling green. Chip groaned, "I will never eat that stuff again." Lucy said, "I cannot wait to get back home so we can eat the real food." The parents noticed Guy and Jasmine were walking in the castle. But, they looked a mess. Like, they've been snuggled against something or beyond that.

Lucy asked, "What happened to both of you?" Guy said, "We were measuring the gate so we can squeeze through the bars and get out of this Halloweentown, but the people knows what we were doing and then, this happens and I rather not talk about it." Chip asked, "But you did wrote down the length of the bars, haven't you?" "No. Because a dragon ripped my homework and burned it afterwards." Jasmine said before showing the burnt half paper and become ashes.

Lucy said, "I just don't know what to do. We need to get out of here." Guy said, "We're trying. But we have to get past these ghouls first." Jasmine said, "Easier said than done, Guy. But we've got snuggle attacked by Ratchet, Rivet, and Sam." Chip pointed out, "It looks like they did more than just snuggle." She said, "I'd rather not to talk about it."

Later, Ballistomon walked up to the castle door and rang the doorbell while humming the Halloween song from last night.

Gumbramon answered the door. Ballistomon asked, "Good morning, Gumbramon. Is your father home?" Gumbramon said, "I'm not so sure. The last time I saw him is when he brought in our new guests." He said, "Then he's probably sleeping. Would you do me a favor? When he wakes up, tell him that I have a next plan for the next Halloween. I need to come over so we can get started."

Eric who came along with some of his siblings asked, "Who are you looking for?" Ballistomon said, "Shoutmon. And since you and your family are new around here, Shoutmon is the Digimon King and Gumbramon's father." Peter L. asked Gumbramon in surprised, "No way. This Shoutmon is your dad?" Sally asked, "You're a prince?!" Gumbramon nervously chuckled and said, "Guilty."

Ballistomon impatiently said, "Yes, I know. Gumbramon is a prince, his dad is the king, it's shocking. But can someone please get Shoutmon?" Susie said, "About that. Gumbramon, your dad isn't home." Gumbramon asked in shocked, "What?" He asked, "Then, where is he?" Gaia said, "We don't know. He hasn't been home all night." The purple dragon Digimon said in worry tone, "Dad..." Ballistomon groaned.