Chapter 3

"Hurry! They're right behind us!" Chip yelled as he and the gang ran back to the cemetery.

Jasmine yelled, "Don't look back, kids! Keep running!" They kept on running close to the entrance of the woods.

"I think I see them! They ran that way!" The mortals heard one of the ghouls from far behind. Guy whispered, "Quick, hide!" They quickly hide behind the tombstones.

Yoyo, Doc Croc, Gumdrumon, and Betsumon arrived and looked around. Yoyo growled and said, "Great! We lost them." Gumdramon said, "We could look around. They can't be too far." Betsumon said, "Gumdramon, they're mortals. They're probably went back to their world." Doc said, "Maybe." Yoyo said, "Then good ridence. I don't want to see another party crasher. Especially the one who pecked my nose." Doc said, "Then let's head back. Your father might be worried right about now, Gumdramon." The little purple dragon said, "Okay." The four Halloween creatures walked back to the town. The adults sighed in relieved.

"This is all your fault, Polly!" Alice pointed out. Polly asked, "How is it my fault?" She said, "You pushed us to the opening where all of monsters and ghouls are!" Gaia said, "Yeah! We could've been killed! They could probably suck up all of our bloods, eat our brains or our fresh skins, our heads chopped off, turned into a frogs, bite, or worse, all the above!" Polly argued, "At least I didn't get ourselves lost in the woods." Alice argued back, "But I didn't open the door and brought us all to the world where all of those Halloween monsters lives and exists!"

Lucy scowled, "Alice, Gaia, Polly! Stop all of that fighting or there will be no TV or candies for a week." Three kids said, "We're sorry, Mom." She said, "Don't apologize to me. Apologize to yourselves."

Sonja said, "Come on. We should head back." Derek asked, "Okay. But how are we gonna get back home?" She thought of something before said, "If that Halloween door brought us here, maybe it can take us back." Jasmine said, "If it's worth of a try. Let's go."

Chip, Guy, four ladies and twenty kids hurried to the forest, but Shoutmon jumps in front of them, blocking their way. The others screamed. Tom yelled, "We're done for!" Guy cried, "This is it! We're done for! We lived our last day!"

Shoutmon said, "Relax. I'm not here to hurt you." Lunamon asked, "You're not?" The Pumpkin king said, "No. I can tell that none of you are from around here." Jasmine said, "You're right. We're not." Shoutmon asked, "Then, what are you all doing out here?" Sonja said, "We don't know. We found this strange door that shaped like a Halloween pumpkin on the tree. We opened it and it brought us here." Emily said, "And we're trying to get back home." Shoutmon offered, "Well, you all could stay at my place. I have a tones of bedrooms for you to sleep in for the night." Lunamon started, "That's real nice of you, but we..." He said, "Come on, I insist. And besides, it's already past the kids bedtime." He walked past the mortals to get to the gate.

Once Shoutmon was by to the gate, Chip said, "Okay, I say we leave this place and seal the door. That way, nobody else will get suck in." Lucy said, "I want to leave too, Chip. But even if we're back to our world, it'll still be dark. And he's right. It's already past their bedtime." The 20 kids yawned. Jasmine said, "Sorry Chip. We have no choice but to sleep in Shoutmon's place." Sonja said, "Don't worry. We'll try to leave in first thing in the morning." Chip sighed and said, "Okay, if you say so."

"Hey! Aren't you coming?" Shoutmon called. They all looked at each other. Will they stay or leave? Lunamon called, "Yeah, we're coming." They followed Shoutmon back to the town.

In the Halloween Town, all of the Halloween creatures were chatting. Until, they noticed their king is back and he wasn't alone. He was being followed by the same family that came to the party and ran.