(5) The First Ball

Start from the beginning

I nod and he grabs my hand and leads the way.

Kai opens the limo door for me to enter first. I find myself to comfort and buckle up as Kai joins me seating himself next to me. ''I thought it would be better if the others were already there to keep us updated''. I nod and take a deep breath before speaking.

''Kai if anything happens please take care of AJ for me..'' he turns around to face me. His comforting expression makes me calm for some reason. ''AJ is the least of your worries love, you just get yourself out of there safely and everything else is in order'' he replies trying his best to keep a bold face. I know he's worried, and quite frankly so am I. So many things could go wrong today. Someone in my team could die, I could get kidnapped again or worse AJ could. Luckily he's under the protection of Tai.

I've only been the leader for 3 years, I'm still not done with training and I need to learn proper defense. I know how to use defense tools, but using my fists only is a problem. A tiny girl compared to a gorilla is an obvious outcome.

I rest my head on Kai's shoulder making sure not to mess up my hair too much. He clasps my hand, fidgeting with it to make time pass by. He takes a deep breath and releases it, and I can tell just how anxious he is. I can't wait to get this day over with.

''Kai do you have a new ear piece for me?'' I ask, after remembering that my old one is gone. ''Yeah I got it'' he says showing me the ear piece placed on the palm of his hand. I reach for it when he pulls his hand back a little, gesturing that he's got it. He slowly opens the ear piece and adjusts it. Then he pulls my hair to the side and gently places it on my left ear.

''Thanks'' I smile as he pulls my hair back to how it was. He gives me a warm smile in return. He looks behind me and takes a deep breath before speaking ''We're here, do your best Eleodore, don't worry too much''. He rapidly pulls his black masquerade mask on and ties it at the back of his head. He pulls out my silver masquerade ball as well and ties it for me. I smile and he swiftly places a kiss on my cheek before going out of the limo to open my door. As he opens my door I place my hand in his and we start walking up the stairs and into the big mansion.

The mansion is nice and sleek with nice and warm colors. It's decorated in gold and silver balloons and decorations. Everyone is dressed anonymously while giving the slightest hint of facial feature by showing lips and nose. Some are dancing, drinking and chatting. I place my hand on Kai's arm and he leads us in. Kai is typically really tall and muscular so his presence is intimidatingly held.

He keeps a smile on his face while several people are watching us. This isn't the first time Kai has pretended to be the Reaper so at this point he's known for it. A man and her wife approaches us. ''Reaper, how lovely of you to join us today. Who is this pretty woman?'' He says, not making it oblivious that he's taking a look at my breasts.

Kai's arm wraps around my waist as his smile slowly sinks a bit. ''This is Sofia, my girlfriend'' he adds swiftly. The man lends out his hand to shake mine. Changing his mind, he quickly brings my knuckle up to his face to place a wet unwanted kiss. I squirm a bit and he quickly releases my hand when Kai gives a threatening look. ''What a beautiful name, it's an honor to meet you, Sofia'' he says, while holding a smirk on his stupid face. ''Likewise Mr..'' I say, hinting for his name ''Delvino, call me Delvino'' I return a smile not wanting to talk any longer. His wife glances at me giving me a shady smile.

I smile back not making myself too obvious. ''I'll take my girlfriend for a dance, if you'll excuse me'' Kai says, his voice husky and sexy. This is not the time to get horny. I think to myself. As Delvino nods Kai's hand placed on my waist escort me to the dancing floor. He puts both of his hands on my waist pulling me closer. I clasp my hands around his neck and enjoy the moment before hell breaks loose.

''Tori give me an update of when it's convenient to go in'' Kai says, while holding eye contact with me. As I break the eye contact to watch the people surrounding us I get a hold of two dark brown eyes I've gotten to know well. The Dark Eye. What is he doing here? I frown as his eyes examinate my entire body. Making me feel uneasy.

I look at him not giving too much. He downs the rest of his scotch and stand up from his chair not breaking eye contact. My heartbeats quickly rises when I see him walking towards Kai and I. Fuck.

He taps Kai on the shoulder, standing an inch taller than Kai and gives a polite yet weird smile. ''I'd love to steal your date for a bit'' he says, in a low yet husky voice. Kai nods and releases my hand, giving me a don't-worry smile. I smile back and take a deep breath as I place my hand on his neck.

 ꔫ - Hi guys, I hope you enjoyed this, please leave a vote for support, thank you!<3