THIRTY TWO | 三十二

Comincia dall'inizio

"Yeah.. I could do that."

After that, the silence filled the room.

However this time, it was a comfortable and calming silence that made her want to sleep. Her gaze lingered around the hotel room for a few moments, she looked at the way the moonlight lighted up the dim surroundings and also Satoru's features.

That was one thing,

The other was the way he looked at her, it made her fingers twitch with longing to touch- no..

She couldn't do that.

Her breath caught up in her throat as she locked her eyes with his once more.

"I missed.. your eyes."

His voice not louder than a whisper when he spoke, she felt her stomach flutter with millions of butterflies inside.

Was it a crime to feel this way?

No matter how much she wanted to answer, something, anything, but nothing came out of her lips.

Not a sound.

With a heavy heart, she nodded and sat up on the bed, giving him a brief glance before turning to the front and standing up from the bed.

She didn't want to sleep with him in one bed.. since it wasn't so easy as he thought it was. Leaving him alone in here is for the best. They don't have that kind of relationship.

It was late.. she was tired, but those were just excuses for her to hide the real reason behind her sudden shift in demeanor.

"Alright, I am going to take a nap now.. you know.. you look like you might pass out anytime soon too."

Ryuna explained, her tone calm and collected, but he very much felt the hesitation in it too.

When he didn't reply a thing, she assumed he's too tired to do so and started to leave, only to be stopped by a large, warm and strong hand. It tugged at her wrist, making her look at him in a questioning way.

"Something wrong?"

He only stayed quiet, she hoped for an explanation, but none was heard. And it wasn't needed, the words weren't needed. His eyes and that pleading look he gave her was just about enough.

Ryuna felt her brows furrow ever so slightly as his touch softened and he pulled her closer to him.

"Satoru.. what-?"

As soon as he pulled her between his legs while he sat on the edge of the bed, menspreading, she felt her breath get stuck in her throat.

What was this?

The world around them faded for a few moments as his arms snaked around her waist, his head carefully and hesitantly snuggling into her belly not to make her too surprised.

"S-satoru.."

She stuttered, her mind going blank as she felt the side of his face resting against her stomach. His strong arms around her waist, the position itself was making her tremble as she hesitantly placed her hands into his hair.