Chapter 2.

I had my long sword out before the twins could even turn their heads to see the bullet fly. As I swiped the blade, I breathed into the air and sliced the bullet in half before following through with my sword. To the naked eye, it would appear as if I had sliced the bullet with my sword, but that was technically not accurate.

I had a little known ability to control the wind, or air, was probably more accurate. Where most wind whispers could carry a message though the air, or pick up the smallest whisper and pull it back to their ears, I had a little extra ability I wasn't ready to share with the world and didn't think the world was ready to know. There have only been a handful of whispers with this talent through history, and none of them had happy endings. I wasn't about to let that happen to me.

So I spent years honing my swordsmanship skills to the point where at times, I barely knew what hit first - a slice of the tongue or my blade. It meant keeping my secrets hidden, and adding a flashy skill to my repertoire.

I stood from my crouch, blade spun and placed back in the leather holster that ran the length of my spine. My hair covered the hilt nicely and the custom holster fit into the rings of my leather belt. Style and function, shocking!

The curtain of wavy hair that had fallen across my face parted and i saw Kelp fully smiling back at me. His eyes like blazing opals.

"Well the theatrics weren't required, but I guess we can try her out. Can we get two of those big guys we saw walking in as well? You know just in case someone breaks your little doll?" Krion smirked at me and I blew out a light puff, barely perceivable. Her ice water tipped and spilled into her lap. It was childish, I know, but a girl could only take so much.