VINGT ET UN

VINGT ET UN. we'll be alright

Cassia had quite a relaxing night once she got back to the mansion. After packing her most important belongings into a backpack, she'd leave the heavy things to the big strong hybrids of Klaus's. After all, what good were they for if not packing up large things for her? The Sterling hybrid was now perched comfortably on one of the many plush armchairs, of course, not before changing out of that agonizing 20s outfit. Her body was splayed across the piece of furniture as she read the book she had plucked from Elijah's room and apparently Cassia had read for a while as she didn't even notice a particular blonde-headed Mikaelson stroll into the room until they cleared their throat. The former jumped from her position, looking up at the source of the sound.

And once again, that bright smile decided to show itself as Cassia joyously greeted, "Bekah!"

The latter mirrored her smile right back at her as they wrapped their arms around her. Rebekah relished in her reassuring nature as she dug her head into Cassia's shoulder and firmly squeezed the girl. She couldn't help but laugh as the vampire did so, reciprocating her affection. Now, this was a Rebekah hug, she thought. Just definitely not that short pathetic excuse she got from Esther when she was in her friend's body. The Sterling let out a relieved sigh as she leaned her head on Rebekah's shoulder as well. It was quite refreshing to be wrapped in a bear hug by your best friend if Cassia could say herself.

Pulling away, she keeps her hands wrapped around Rebekah's arms, looking at her with the best-aggravated expression she could muster and states, "I swear if you get daggered before a school dance one more time. I won't hesitate to dagger you and stuff you into one of those fancy boxes myself."

With that said, she also doesn't hesitate to tug her into another hug right after. This hug lasted a shorter amount of time than the previous one before Cassia decided to flop back into the previously abandoned armchair behind her.

"Now might I say, it is awful being the only girl around here and having to deal with Nik by myself," she lightly commented, resting her head against the chair. Suddenly, there was a loud, exaggerated gasp sounding through the room causing the two occupants to look at each other and exaggeratedly roll their eyes at Klaus, who had during that time, walked into the room and stood himself behind the armchair Cassia was sitting in.

"Why must you wound me so often, love?"

Though before the latter could comment something about his ridiculously large ego, the younger Mikaelson beat her to it, "I'm sure your big ego can handle a few bruises, dear brother."

Cocking her head to the side, she adds, "in fact, it always could use a little deflating, don't you think Cassi?"

A laugh bubbled in her throat as she grin at her friend, "oh, my darling Rebekah, how I've missed you." In response, she sent a smile back along with a playful wink that had them bursting into laughter while the older Mikaelson stood with false anger in his eyes... maybe he should've left her daggered just a tad bit longer. Yet after a few seconds, even he, couldn't resist the beginning of a smile on his face.

Although he could never show it well, Klaus absolutely adored it when his little sister was happy. That's all he's wanted, after all. For the few loved ones he had, to be happy. Even though he was terrible at expressing it. Like utterly miserable. Like hopelessly, completely terrible at it. But at least the reason for Rebekah's wild laughter was helping him better his emotions and if that unyielding twinkle of a smile on his face was any proof, then he thought he would make it out alright.

***
"Don't touch that."

After a calm night, it had been no surprise that Cassia was greeted with an irritating morning, thanks to a particular hybrid of Klaus' who insisted he helped her pack. It was practically routine now. A quiet night always came with a chaotic, head-splitting morning it seemed. She had been glaring at the hybrid all morning as she watched him carelessly flinging various things into boxes. To sum it up, Tyler Lockwood is a pain in her ass.