NEUF

NEUF. cassia sterling the disney princess

Dress after dress, the Sterling girl just couldn't seem to find the right one. There were some instances where she'd find one and then not like one of the details or have Rebekah, not like the whole gown.

Sighing, thinking that this dress would be like the last, she steps out of the dressing room. Almost instantly does she hear an astonished gasp from the blonde original. "You look absolutely stunning, Nik's going to be full-on swooning tonight."

Completely oblivious that Klaus has any type of feelings for her, a confused look washes over her face. "What do you mean?" Rebekah only shakes her head at her with a small smile before answering, "oh, dear Rosie, when are you going to notice my brother is absolutely head over heels for you." She blushes at her observation before quickly disagreeing with her.

"Nik is my closest friend and that is all he will ever be."

Rebekah scoffs before countering, "oh please. He looks at you like you hung the moon and all the stars in the sky and don't get me started on how you look at him. Just admit it, Rosie."

Sighing, she utters out, "if I do, will you stop pestering me about it?" "So you do like him!" The youngest Mikaelson chuckles before continuing, "it's my job to pester you about this, if not who will? Elijah? Finn?" They look at each other simultaneously before bursting out into uncontrollable laughter.

***
Moving around pieces of hair around, Cassia stares at herself in the mirror dressed in the gorgeous gown she had picked earlier, makeup and hair done by Rebekah. The only thing missing was the heels that were sitting on the ground next to her. Suddenly the soft sound of someone gently opening the door causes her to shift her focus to them.

"Oh, hey, Finn."

"Hello, must I say you look stunning." She grins at him and replies, "and you. Though, are you not supposed to be downstairs right now?" "I suppose I wanted to see you before all younger siblings start hogging you for themselves." She chuckles knowing how awfully true that statement is. "You know I would gladly spend time with you, I love you like brother just like Elijah and Kol." His lips twitch upwards slightly before he tightly presses them together focusing on the real reason he was in here.

Quickly changing the subject, he draws his eyes to the midnight black pendant perched around her neck, "since the day I met you, you have been wearing that necklace and not once have I seen you take it off, if you do not mind me asking, why?" Cassia lets out a breath, not exactly wanting to remember the indifferent relationship between her and her mother.

Though, she does tell her friend, telling him the very brief story behind the dark pendant that had always been settled on around her neck. "My mother gifted me this necklace. It was the first and only thing she's ever given me." Finn cuts her off, "But you always told us you and your mother never had the greatest relationship. I can even remember, on more than one occasion, seeing the two of you bickering."

The Sterling girl gives him a bittersweet smile, "I know. However, she was my mother but I would never not wear anything she gifted me with. Especially not this necklace." Seeing his chance, the oldest Mikaelson sibling suggests, "well, perhaps you should take it off tonight, the colour doesn't go with your dress."

"And who are you to tell me what doesn't and does go with my dress, Mr. I was daggered in a box for 900 years?" She teases him and he only rolls his eyes in response. Looking at herself in the mirror, she hums as she decides whether or not she should take it off. "Perhaps, just this one night." Picking up a simple diamond necklace she asks, "help me put on this one then, will you?" "Of course."