VINGT

VINGT. esther the cockroach

You know, every time the two hybrids have been asked to be somewhere by the youngest original, it always seems that the latter has disappeared once they arrive. At this point, they really should just take the not-so-obvious hint to not come, for something dreadful always appears to loom nearby.

Though, at this current moment, they couldn't think of any imminent threat as they walked into the school gym... well one of them. After all, one of them was just a slightly over-paranoid 1000+-year-old hybrid who has seen everything the world has to offer, good and bad. Whilst the other one, just as ancient, yet still, so naïve to the worst situations.

Thus, the situation they were in now, Klaus, clearly aware of all the beady little eyes of teenagers on his girl, one of which who was chatting with a classmate, suddenly dazed at the entrance of the Sterling. Cassia, in the meanwhile, is hoping to find her friend amongst the sea of costumed students. Furrowing her eyebrows, she sighs, finally realizing the uncanny omen dances in Mystic Falls held. The Mikaelson next to her, also realizing this, stating, as if he read her thoughts, "my little sister isn't here, is she?"

Shaking her head in response, she continues to look around for Rebekah. "I'm going to look for her," Cassia replies, turning her head up to Klaus.

Wearing his classic smirk, he looks over to a couple consisting of a blonde baby vampire and a certain runaway hybrid, "I'll be here, tormenting the little teenagers." Cassia mutters something along the lines of how creepy he was before kissing his cheek, her lips just grazing his skin before sauntering off. Though before he lost sight of her, Klaus calls out, "don't wander too far, love!"

***
Not long after she had gone into the crowd of dancing teenagers, still with no platinum blonde original in sight, Cassia managed to stumble into a certain fake blond human. Her bashful eyes, wide as she says, "my apologies!" These damn heels, she thought. Yet the teenager didn't seem fazed as he chuckled lightly, declaring, "we've gotta stop meeting like this, Cassia." At the sound of his familiar voice, she beamed up at him, exclaiming, "Jax, hi!"

"Hey, you alright?" The boy asked, seeing how the girl's eyes had been darting left and right, apparent that she was looking for someone. She snaps her head towards him with another grin, "perfect, just looking for someone." Jax nods his head, suggesting that he could help her, only if she wanted, of course. By now, they had moved off to the other side of the small gym, Cassia agreeing to Jax's offer, so busy looking that she, amusingly enough, forgot to even tell him who they were looking for.

"Cassia?" The latter hummed in response, eyes still scouring the gym as if Rebekah would all of a sudden appear. An amused grin on his face as he suggested, "we could probably work a lot faster if you told me who it is you're looking for in the first place."

Sheepishly, Cassia turns to look at him, describing her friend to him, "right! Yes, her name's Rebekah. I think you quite briefly met her at the grill a few weeks ago, before the ball?" The boy's eyes light up with realization as he remembers the confident blonde in his history class, "Oh! About your height, blonde hair. She's in my history class." The Sterling nodding her head, as he repeats the information to her, Jax continues to relay his thoughts, diving slightly off-topic, "doesn't seem to like the teacher much." His face screwed into a slightly pensive expression.

Hearing the observation, Cassia giggles at her friend's obvious distaste for the former vampire hunter now turned history teacher, shrugging, she mutters, "something like that."

***
(random A/N in the middle cause of the low percentage of you that actually finish the whole chapter so blame them! anyways would y'all read a second book or just want one really long one? hehe now all of y'all have to read this and preferably comment with what you'd want, im begging you, please and thank you :)