The next day

Ash was early for once. He never was early to these sorts of things, but here he was. Almost a full hour early! He got a table and sat down. Mallow quickly spotted him and ran towards him "Ash, what's up!" Ash smiled at her and looked around to make sure no one was listening to him

"Well, I'm meeting up with Lille soon. She's back in town." Mallow gave Ash a wicked-looking grin "So are you guys going on a date?" Ash shook his head as fast as he possibly could. "No way! I just want to talk to her!"

Mallow sighed sadly "Well, let me know if you guys ever go on a date and I'll make the restaurant as nice as possible and clear out customers for the day."
Ash blushed slightly "No! It's not like that!" Mallow just winked at him and walked away. It was so easy to make Ash mad.

About an hour later, Lille walked into the restaurant. She was wearing her usual white dress with her hair in a high ponytail. Ash noted that She also looked very energetic and happy. Ash gave her a huge smile as she sat down. Lille sat down quietly and greeted Ash

"Hello, Ash! It's great to see you!" Lille said in a happy tone to Ash

Ash greeted her also, "Hey Lille! I'm so happy you found your father. Tell Gladion I say hi!" Lille shook her head, just happy to be around his high-energy personality.

"Will do Ash, I'm sure Gladion wants a rematch against you. He's gotten a lot stronger." Lille said while adjusting her hair slightly. Ash laughed and his eyes widened

"Really? I need new gym leaders and elite four members, and that's what I was going to ask you."

Lille looked at Ash with a puzzled expression. "What exactly do you mean Ash?

Ash looked around, making sure no one would listen to what he was saying. "Truth be told, Lille I have no idea what I'm doing with the management stuff. I know how to battle well, but I don't know how to manage a league. You always got the best grades in school, and I need your help." Lille looked slightly flustered from Ash's compliment. "I don't follow" Lille spoke calmly. Ash rephrased what he said. "I need someone to help me manage the Pokemon league. Someone to help find me gym leaders and elite four and to help manage all the stuff I can't do. Like building gyms, paying the leaders and other tasks."

Lille nodded slowly. "So, are you offering me a job?"

Ash smiled at her "Yeah, I'm offering you a job." Ash stuck out his hand towards Lille "You in?" he said with a smile that she could not resist.

Lille looked around before taking Ash's hand and shaking it. "Yeah, I'd like that" Lille said with a smile and a faint hint of a blush.

Ash paid for their food and walked out of the restaurant while giving Mallow the evil glare for any possible hint that they were on a "date"

Mallow, along with other people always teased him about being dense around girls. Truth be told, for his whole life until around six or so months ago they would have been right. That was until Kiawe pulled him aside one day and told him that Lana had a crush on him. He sorta knew what a crush was, based on the actions of Serena on their trip through Kalos. But he never took it to heart until Kiawe told him about Lana's feelings. So, he slowly observed her behavior throughout the school year and found out that Kiawe was right. So, unbeknownst to anyone besides himself and Lana he asked her out on a date a few weeks before the league. He just wanted to see her happy, and he found her relatively pretty.

Things had gone well enough, they watched a sunset on the far side of the island and had a great conversation. She even kissed him at the end, and Ash could say firmly that Lana was a far superior kisser than Serena. However, about a day or two later she spoke to Ash again. They had both enjoyed the date but she wanted him to know that she just didn't feel the spark that she wanted from a boyfriend and he agreed. They promised not to tell anyone and that was it. Lana and Ash were still very good friends, and he was thankful for their brief relationship cracking his denseness around girls.

Ash and Lille walked out of the restaurant and she looked at him before speaking. "So, what's the first order of business?" Ash shrugged "Well, the Alolan Pokemon League has no headquarters. I mean there's the stadium but we should establish a place for the Champion and Elite Four." Lille jumped up and down "I have an idea! Challengers of the island challenge used to battle all four Kahunas at the peak of Mount Lanakila, so we could build 4 chambers for the elites, and an arena for the Champion!" Lille said in an excited tone. Ash was impressed with her knowledge.

Ash smiled at her "Awesome idea Lille! I'd be super happy with that!"

Lille smiled upon hearing that, compliments from Ash weren't rare but she still loved them.

"No problem Ash!" Lille said happily

"So, want to see the old Pokemon that I brought from Oak's laboratory?" Lille nodded enthusiastically

"Awesome!" Ash said with a smile

About an hour later Lille was walking on the beach around Ash's house. She had to say, she really enjoyed his choice. It was by the ocean, facing east so she figured Ash could catch an amazing sunrise. Lille walked through his house to enter his backyard when she saw a large number of Pokemon fighting it out. There were so many of them! And they seemed to all be training. Her eyes fixated upon one match. A serpentine snake type was duking it out against a yellow pokemon. She pulled out her Pokedex and scanned the two of them

The battle was Snivy vs Scraggy and it looked to be dead even. Snivy landed a powerful leaf storm on Scraggy and sent the younger Pokemon back. The battle looked dead even before Scraggy suddenly began to glow, and Snivy did the same in response. All of Ash's Pokemon stopped what they were doing to watch the battle. Just then, Snivy and Scraggy evolved simultaneously. A powerful Servine stood and faced off against a Scrafty. Ash walked in and saw his Pokemon evolving. He ran towards them and hugged them both "Congratulations to both of you!"

Lille smiled at Ash "So Ash, want to introduce me to your Pokemon?" Ash laughed at her remark.

"Come say hi everyone!"

-----

About an hour later, after everyone had been introduced, Ash sat down with Lille.

Ash looked at her "So, that's all of my Pokemon." Lille smiled

"Ash, I was wondering. Would you mind if I contacted some friends I made in Kanto to work as Gym Leaders?"
Ash nodded enthusiastically "Of Course Lille! Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!" Lille smiled upon hearing this, she happily responded to Ash. "Awesome! That's good to hear!"

Ash stood up and offered Lille his hand, "Let's get out of here" Ash said happily. Ash whistled and Noivern flew over. "Hey Noivern, mind giving Lille and I a lift?" Noivern gave a happy cry and they were off.

---

Ash landed in Hau'oli city and dropped Lille off. Ash gently lifted her off Noivern and smiled at her. "Well, I'm glad to be starting a partnership with the new Alolan League Manager." Lille blushed and looked down at the ground

"Thanks, Ash... see you tomorrow? I'll text you where we should meet up." Ash gave her a thumbs up and walked away, not paying attention to the boy right in front of him. Ash walked straight into a purple-haired boy and fell down. The boy smirked "Hello Ash."

Ash looked up at him. "Paul?" Ash stood up, not believing who he was looking at.

Paul gave Ash a small wave. "Correct. Now, I'm requesting a battle with you. After all, the Alolan Champion is a big title. Let's see if you've earned it."

Ash grinned at Paul "Well, in that case, meet me here tomorrow at sunrise."

Paul walked off and gave a nod

Lille was waiting where Ash stood. "Can you give me context?" she asked patiently

Ash looked off towards where he walked off "Let's just say Lille, he's one of the biggest rivals I've ever had and one of the strongest trainers I've ever battled. It's gonna be tough to beat him."

Lille looked at Ash "You're Ash Ketchum! If anyone can, you can!"

Ash looked at the ground sheepishly, "Thanks, Lille, I gotta get a team and rest up. See you soon. Come here tomorrow if you wanna watch me battle."

Lille wouldn't miss it for the world.