Chapter 12: "I Am Fine"

~~~~

Nessa was walking back to the top side, but she was struggling to keep standing sometimes as if she was weakening with every minute. Her spine was causing her the most pain as if the hit she received might have damaged her even worse and become the main cause of her current state. Nighttime arrived and the place got slightly cold, but for Nessa it felt as if it was freezing.

 She was not only tired because she didn't sleep much last night after the Hexcore incident, but now she was feeling exhausted from the fight. She started to think that it would have been a good idea to have brought her bag with her, so she could have some flasks of Shimmer she had kept for herself to feel better. Even those would've been helpful with her fight earlier. She was close to the lab building and noticed that enforcers were more active than usual. She thought about asking them to help her get to the lab, but she remembered how she was treated before when she was with Sky, so she kept going on her own. 

She was not familiar with some places on the top side, and she was already too far to go to her father to get cured, so she sat down on the side of a building nearby to rest since the pain started to become unbearable. She noticed her arms were bruised from the punches and all those cuts were leaving a small blood puddle on the floor. 

"Come on Nessa... you can do it, you are almost there... this is the price for wanting to have some drinks. Weird that the shimmer in my body is not reacting." she said with a small laugh  "Just one more push" she said while standing up to start walking again, leaving a small trail of blood on the wall she was leaning over but felt incredibly dizzy while doing so.

She started using the stolen prosthetic to keep herself standing up but the prosthetic slid and made her trip a little. She was about to fall down but was caught by an enforcer.

"Are you ok? You are bleeding all over" asked a female voice "You are from the Undercity right?" she asked when she noticed her appearance

Nessa felt dizzier and started to have hallucinations all around her. She saw some kids running in front of her laughing. It was normal for her, and it was fine until she noticed those kids were her and Viktor. She then looked at the woman holding her and noticed it was an enforcer, but her mind was changing her appearance to a woman she did not recognize.  Her vision was now glitching between reality and fantasy making her feel scared

"I am fine... I need to... get to the lab" Nessa said while trying to brush her off 

"You need to see a doctor" the woman said, but Nessa was not able to hear the words properly

"No... I need to see them and tell them I did it" Nessa said pushing the woman away so she could walk by herself but started to trip. Her head started to ache horribly with every second and the hallucinations made her confuse her surroundings with those of the undercity.

"Tell who? let me help you" The enforcer continued while trying to support her again so she wouldn't fall

"Viktor... and Jayce..." Nessa answered. She stopped in place and got her arm close to her face to place her lips on top of one of the wounds to try to suck some of the blood since it contained Shimmer. It gave her minimum strength, but it was enough for her to not fade out "I need Shimmer..."

"Jayce? Shimmer? I can take you with him, but you need to see a doctor first," said the enforcer

The enforcer took Nessa to the closest doctor, but when she got there, Nessa started to have some paranoia attacks. She didn't know where she was, her body was in pain, and she thought that she was being kidnapped since she was having a hard time understanding everything. 

"let me go..." Nessa said in a low tone trying to make the enforcer stop touching her 

"You have to let me help you" the enforcer said, but Nessa started to move a little violently, making the enforcer struggle to take her to the doctor "Please help her! She is bleeding out! Do anything necessary to save her" the enforcer said making some people come out and help the enforcer by grabbing Nessa by her arms to try to take her to a room.