Interrupted again

Start from the beginning

Cheryl hears their footsteps move away from their door before she hears the shallow breathing of the woman underneath her, so she looks, surprised when she notices Toni's shoulders slumped and her eyes closed. She wants to stay like this, to wrap Toni up in her arms, but she had work to do.

Cheryl shakes her awake, "TT, wake up," she whispers, but Toni only whines in response, turning to her side to escape her girlfriend's wake up call. After having her like that, Toni deserved some rest and she was cashing in; Jughead would just have to come back some other day.

"TT. Baby, come on."

"I'm sleepy, Cher. You wore me out, please let me sleep now."

"You can sleep after you start on your debate assignment."

"I don't know why you expect me to think of anything other than what has just taken place in this bedroom."

"I'll do it again if you want, but you have to get a good grade on this assignment. Consider it a reward."

Toni flips on her side, facing her girlfriend with a pout, "You promise?"

"I promise." she declares. "Now go get in the shower then go entertain your guest. I'm going to sleep."

"Yes, mom."

"You're not funny, TT."

"I love you, Cher."

"I love you too, TT."

***

Toni begrudgingly walks into the living room of their apartment, a scowl plastered on her face. She'd really rather be doing anything else at the moment, but Cheryl was right her grades were important, so she sucks up her animosity for the former Serpent King and smiles.

"Let's get this over with, Jones."

Jughead cracks open his textbook to a page highlighted in yellow, " I couldn't agree more Toni," he answers. "let's get this over with."

As time passes, Toni's head throbs the more she read her textbook. Josie had returned and Cheryl had woken up only too joined the duo in the living room. She cracked open her own books, studying for the mock trial that was due to start at the end of next week.

Toni slouches into the couch, pinching the bridge of her nose before letting out a frustrated sigh. Cheryl looks up from her book as does Jughead, both thinking the same thing.

"I think we're done for the night. I'll come back tomorrow so we can begin getting our argument organized."

Toni nods, standing to her feet to see him out, "Okay, but I won't be back from class until 2:45."

"That's okay, I'll grab some lunch before I get here."

"Thanks, Jones. Good night."

Jughead nods, stepping through the threshold of the apartment as the door is closed behind him. Cheryl stands, meeting Toni at the door, "What's wrong, TT?"

"My head hurt."

"Let's get you in the bath and into bed, Baby. You've been focused all afternoon on studying."

"Okay."

Toni allows her to lead the way back into their bedroom, where she slowly strips Toni of her clothing, pushing her to sit on their bed while she struts toward the bathroom.

Toni hears the rush of water and her mind calms as it feels her ears; the sound of rushing water always seemed to calm her, it was the only other thing besides Cheryl of course.

"TT, come on." she hears before she stumbles to her feet and walks toward the bathroom door, pushing it open with ease. The first thing she notices is Cheryl already in the water, ushering her in, so she does not hesitate when entering the warm water.

Her back is pressed to Cheryl's front and the redhead runs wet fingers through her hair, massaging her scalp. A chill runs down her spine, and Toni sucks in sharply as the fingers move from her head down her back to her shoulders.

"I thought we were only going to take a bath and go straight to bed?"

She feels the smirk on Cheryl's face, and how the redhead leans into her as she runs nimble fingers across her skin leaves Toni in a wanton state.

"If that's what you want, TT, I'm just trying to help you get rid of this headache," Cheryl whispers, her lip's dangerously close to Toni's shoulder.

"Toni!"

Toni's head falls as the sound her names rang through the apartment again. Cheryl rolls her eyes as Sweetpea walks into their room, "Yo, Tiny, Jones said he forgot something."

"Whatever he left will be in the living room, Sweets."

"Alright, thanks. Good night, you guys."

"Good night." They answer simultaneously.

"I guess we should just head to bed, I still have two days before the debate."

"Alright, TT,"

"I love you, Cher."

"I love you too."