V. thanksgiving

Beacon Hills has never been the best place to be, no matter what time of year it was. However, when you've been away from your friends and family for a while, it starts to feel more like home than ever. That's exactly how Venus was feeling on her drive down from Stanford.

Thanksgiving was on of her favorite times of the year because with was usually the only holiday that the whole pack spent in Beacon Hills. Venus' body was buzzing with excitement, she truly couldn't wait to see everyone again.

Pulling up in front her house, she spots both her dads truck and Isaacs new car along with the sheriffs patrol car. Smiling to herself she quickly parks and drags her bags out of her truck before making her way to the front door, already able to hear the commotion on the other side.

Alex, Isaac, Noah and Stiles were cramped on the family couch, arguing about the football game that was already playing on their TV. The smell of food wafting all through the house from the kitchen, presumably Alina's doing.

Venus stand there for a couple minutes just watching with a small smile on her face. "Well, as much as I'm enjoying this, I was expecting a better welcoming."

Four heads immediately turn with wide eyes, clearly none of them having heard the door open or shut behind her. Her dad was the first to move, an excited chuckle escaping him as he wraps her into a hug.

"You weren't supposed to get here until five." her dad says, a large smile on his face as he looks her over.

"Dad, it's quarter past five." Venus replies with her eyebrow raised. "You guys must've been really into that game, huh?"

Before her dad could say anything else, she was pulled into another hug with her hair being messed in the process.

"Isaac, quit it!" she exclaims, squirming out of his hold.

The boy feigns a pout at her. "Aw, come on, Vivi. I missed you!"

"Keep your knuckles out of my hair, you prick."

She gives him a proper hug before moving on to greet Noah and Alina; who had rushed out of the kitchen the second she heard the commotion outside. Before she knew it, she was pulled into someone's neck and lifted off the ground.

"I missed you." Stiles speaks, his voice muffled through her hair.

Venus presses a soft kiss to the side of his head. "I missed you too."

"Alright everyone, dinner is ready!" Alina calls from the dining room where she had already set out all the food and plates.

Stiles' hand was wrapped tightly around Venus', refusing to let go of her just yet as he dragged her towards the table. The two of them take their seats, side by side; the rest of their family joining them.

Dinner had been as it always was in the Fiore household: loud and annoying. Yet none of them would prefer it any other way.

•••

The next evening, the pack had rallied at the Martins household for their annual friendsgiving dinner. Lydia's mother had been out of town for the weekend, as she usually is, allowing her daughter to host the dinner that year.

The group was sat along the patio furniture by Lydia's pool, plates and bowls of food scattered across the table in the center. For the past couple hours, they had all been discussing everything they had missed throughout the past few months with each other.

Isaac had taken over for Scott at the clinic, the boy still showing no interest in partaking in higher studies. Lydia was top of her class at MIT, Malia was in a new state every week and Stiles had finally started his field training.