II. nightmares

BASED ON: the ending of treacherous, before culmination starts.

     Surviving the supernatural wasn't always as touch and go as it seemed. Whether it's thought to be that the feeling of success washes it all away or that the saviors are simply not affected, it wasn't true. People suffered, whether it be during the crisis or with the aftermath of it. In Venus Fiore and Stiles Stilinskis case, it was both.

For him, it had been ongoing ever since Void had taken control over his body. He remembered everything he did to everyone around him, including almost killing his own girlfriend and her father. Which all subsequently lead to him suffering for days and nights on end with the guilt.

For her, it was not knowing whether what she was living through was real or not. Ever since Stiles and Isaac had gotten her out of the Dread Doctors tunnels, she sometimes felt like her life was a dream. That she was hallucinating and would wake up in that same room, again and again.

It all made matters worse for each of them when you added on the fact of how much they worried over one another. Their nights were more often than not spent together, a puzzle of entangled limbs that didn't want to be solved, did not wish to be parted.

Tonight was one of those nights. Venus was lying between the boys blue sheets, her body clad in one of his many graphic tees. Anyone who saw the sight of her sleeping comfortably in her boyfriends bed would describe it as peaceful, however, what was going on behind her eyelids was a different story.

The same nightmare would visit her over and over. The Dread Doctors, the screaming and dying boy that they had brought in that one day, the indescribable pain she had gone through. Everything she had lived through would plague her nights.

Except in these nightmares, she was never saved. They never won and her friends had died. All at the hands of the Dread Doctors. Her body usually sets into panic when it came to Isaacs turn, his screams of agony and terror ripping through her aggressively.

Then came Stiles, and that was usually when her whimpers would start and her body would start thrashing in bed. The sheets were thrown off of her as her body is covered in a cold sweat. Some nights she'd wake up then, her body recognising the terror, but other nights she wasn't so lucky and it would just keep going.

Tonight she had been in luck. Her body lifts off the bed with a horror stricken gasp, eyes moving quickly to survey her surroundings but the room around her was dark. The only light was coming from the window above the bed, the soft rays of the moon shining through it.

The one thing she did notice, was the lack of a presence next to her. And she's thrown into more panic.

"Not real." she whispers, shaking her head. "He's not here, I'm not awake."

But it wasn't working. Venus jumps off the bed, as if staying on it for any longer would burn her skin and scar it even more. She didn't have any longer to think though as the bedroom room swings open and a worried looking Stiles walks through the threshold.

The girl moves backwards, her hands in her hair as she muttered the words over and over again.
Wake up. Not real. Wake up.

Stiles takes cautious steps towards her. "Vee, it's me, I promise. You're awake, this is all real." she doesn't respond, her actions resuming, not noticing that he had gotten closer. "I need you to look at me. Venus, I promise you're okay."

The tears were now streaming rapidly down her face, her fingers pinching at her skin in fear. Stiles could feel the ache in his heart, stronger than ever, as he watched her. He wished he could reach for her, just take her pain away. He wanted to bottle it up and just throw it away, if only to make sure she was okay.

Making one quick move, he takes hold of her, pulling her into his chest tightly. One of his hands was pressed against the back of her head, smoothing down her hair, while the other was running up and down her back in a comforting motion.

"You're okay." he whispers, placing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "You're okay, Vee. You're safe."

Her ear was pressed against his chest, she could hear his heartbeat, she could feel it thumping against her skin. The warmth was radiating from his body and onto her, through his palm and onto her back. It was that warmth that made her feel safe.

Venus' arms move to wrap around him, her knees giving way as they both fell to the ground. Stiles could do nothing but hold her as she let it all out, her tears soaking through his shirt. All the while, he was pressing soft kisses to her skin, the only form of comfort he could give her in that moment.

Eventually, the girl calms down, her body no longer shaking and the sniffles decreasing. She pulls her head away from his chest to look at him, his honey eyes filled with more worry than she had ever seen.

"I'm sorry. I- I don't know what happened." she speaks quietly. "I woke up a-and you weren't here and I- I thought I was-"

"Hey, hey." he interrupts, his hands cupping her face, pushing away rogue strands of hair. "It's okay, I know. I'm sorry, I didn't know you were having a nightmare. I just went to get some water."

Venus shakes her head, swallowing down the lump in her throat. "I'm the one who's sorry. This is so pathetic, I don't even know why I'm still crying."

"Don't ever say that this is pathetic." he chastises, his thumbs swiping her tears away. "It's okay to feel like this, Vee. Especially after everything you went through. I'll always be here to hold you when you need me to, okay?" she nods. "Come on, I'll run you a warm bath."

Venus subconsciously smiles, he always did this after she had a nightmare. Her mother would do the same thing when she was younger, and when he found out about the habit he made sure to do it for her whenever he could.

She perches herself on the toilet seat, watching as the water filled the tub to the top with Stiles seated on the floor next to it checking the waters temperature, making sure it was perfect for her.

He helps her in as soon as it's filled and she sits down, wrapping her arms around her knees. He doesn't leave her side, sitting himself on the carpet next to his bathtub, gently rinsing her hair. The two of them sit in a comfortable silence, Venus closing her eyes at the soothing feeling of his fingers running through her hair and over her skin.

When they were done, he gives her another one of his shirts and brushes through her brown locks before leading her back to his bed. As soon as they were both under the covers, she places her head on his chest, her ear right over his heart. His fingers were running through her tresses, wrapping them around his finger before dropping them and repeating the motion.

"I love you." she whispers into the dark serenity, her head tilting up and her lips pressing a soft kiss on his jaw.

Stiles smiles down at her, placing a kiss of his own on the top of her nose. "And I love you. Now sleep, you look tired."

And so she closes her eyes, this time her dreams filled with images of the beautiful hazel eyed boy who held her in his arms.

MAYA SPEAKS
its so weird using my name on here now lol
but anyways, i was too in love with them not to post this and the overwhelming support lately has meant so much to me, so here you go!
i hope you liked it <3

ALSO don't forget you can send me your requests for this book any time you want and i'll happy write it!