The Dark Lord Will Fall

I couldn't sleep, even after the hours I spent crying. It was well after curfew and Flich definitely had it out for me, but I needed to breathe, to clear my head. I slipped on a robe and my shoes and snuck out to the astronomy tower.

As I walked up the stairs and remembered all the times I used to sit here late at night, watching the stars and wishing I was some place else. Sure, I'm blessed by all the great things in my life but I wondered if there was such a place where blood status and social class no longer mattered.

I walked out to the railing, looking up at the night sky, nearly covered in a thick fog. I sighed, sat on the ground and let my mind wander until I hear footsteps behind me. Quickly wiping my tears I turned around and saw Lucius. He had very clearly been crying, when he noticed me his hands went directly to his face and wipes away the moisture.

"What are you doing up here? It's after midnight." He asked me

"I could say the same to you, what has you wandering the castle at this time of night?"

He sighed, walked over and sat next to me.

"I've been thinking a lot. About the marriage, about you and Narcissa. It's just so hard on me. You're beautiful, Dalilah, and I'm sure you'll be an amazing wife. But Narcissa is right, you know. I don't think you'll ever love me." He told me, clearly upset.

"She's not right, blood status isn't all that I care about. I do love my friends, even if they may or may not love me back. I've never been in love the way you and Narcissa are, but it isn't an emotion I'm incapable of or something."

"Why would your friends not love you back? You've always stuck by each other since before we even came to hogwarts."

"Her words hit something deep in me. Fear isn't respect and respect isn't always love. Maybe they're only my friends because they're afraid of me. You know, at first I didn't mind it much, loyalty is what mattered most but now I'm not so sure."

Lucius put his arm around me, sensing this was new to me, talking about my feelings. The "never speak about them" wasn't a pureblood thing, it was my father's. We weren't supposed to show we cared, it's a sign of weakness, something to be used against us. But just once, for the first time, I was okay being vulnerable.

"You're not as bad as she thinks you are." He said, resting his head on mine.

We sat there in silence, both comforted by the fact the other was there. For the first time in my life, I felt as if someone genuinely saw me as me, not as a Darling, not as this cruel person but as me. He saw me for who I really was. And I found peace knowing somewhere inside of me lived a person who cared about things I thought I couldn't.

When we finally made it back to the slytherin common room, it was empty. Before I could make my way to my dorm Lucius stopped me.

"I wasn't crying because I have to marry you. Just thought you should know." And walked away

Once I got to my bed I was too tired to process anything that had happened to me tonight. I drifted off to sleep.

-

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...." an older woman, presumably a seer, said to dumbledore.

They were in a small room, and I just heard her say the Dark Lord will fall.

I heard commotion and saw Severus Snape outside of the door, running.

I followed him as fast as I could, until I saw where he was going. He was telling the Dark Lord what he had heard. But snape hadn't stayed to hear the rest, he only told the Dark Lord of the first half of the seers prophecy.

"The only two born as the seventh month dies My Lord, are the Potter's boy and the Longbottom's as well."

-

I woke up in a cold sweat, absolutely astonished by what I had just learned. There will be a baby born that will destroy the Dark Lord. But when? James Potter and Frank Longbottom don't have children yet.

I walked to the bathroom, splashed water on my face and walked back to my bed. Realizing I had already missed half of my classes today after my late night with Malfoy, I laid my head on my pillow and drifted into a dreamless sleep.