Book One, Chapter Seven 1.7

Rumors of the bathroom spread like wildfire. As we walked people pointed at us and whispered something about toilet water. Or they were probably staring at the still drenched Annabeth. Probably the latter.

Our lovely tour continued going to the metal shop, where kids forged their own swords. Which actually sounds kinda cool. The arts and crafts room, where satyrs were sandblasting a giant marble statue of a satyr. The climbing wall had two facing walls that shook violently, dropped boulders, sprayed lava and clashed together if you didn't get to the top fast enough.

Finally we got back to the canoe lake, where it led back to the cabins.

"I've got training to do." Annabeth said flatly. "Dinner's at seven thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall."

"Annabeth, I'm sorry about the toilets." Percy apologized.

"Whatever."

Percy continued, "It wasn't our fault."

She seemed to study us critically. Only after did I realize it was our fault. We had turned the bathroom into a waterpark. The toilets responded to us.

We were one with the plumbing. Or is it two with the plumbing?

"You need to talk to the Oracle." Annabeth told.

"Who?" I asked.

"Not who. What. The Oracle. I'll ask Chiron."

"When can we get a straight answer?" Percy asked.

"By this point it just seems like wishful thinking." I muttered.

Percy and I stared into the lake. Honestly, I didn't expect anybody to look back at us. I kinda got the heebie jeebies when I noticed two teenage girls sitting criss cross apple sauce at the bottom of the pier. They wore blue jeans and shimmering green shirts and their brown hair flowed around their shoulders as fish swam in and out. They smiled and waved as if we were long lost friends.

I didn't want to be rude. So I waved back and so did Percy.

"Don't encourage them." Annabeth told. "Naiads are terrible flirts."

"Naiads." Percy echoed. "That's it. I want to go home now." He grabbed my wrist, "Come on Molly."

"What home? Streets of New York home or Smelly Gabe home? What's the definition?"

Annabeth stepped in front of us, "Don't you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us."

"Mentally disturbed kids?" I blurted.

She frowned, "I mean not human. Not totally human, anyway. Half human."

"Half human and half what?" Percy questioned.

"I think you know."

When she said it I felt a tingle from Percy. A sensation of sorts.

"God," he said, "half god."

Last I checked, I was pretty sure I was human. Now I'm being told I'm not totally human. Half human and half god? Half god. That's just coo coo for Coco Puffs.

Annabeth nodded. "Your father isn't dead. He's one of the Olympians."

"That's... crazy." I said.

"Well Annabeth, you just did what I could never do."

"Oh? And what's that?" She asked.

"You left Molly speechless. That isn't an easy feat."

I looked up at him, "What's that supposed to mean?"