XIV. SIT WITH ME

Mulai dari awal

And drift they did, so much so I'd either find myself shivering from fear of what my wandering mind imagined. 

I tried not to think about the past, anything but the past. Why would I bother thinking about something I couldn't control? Something that wouldn't change regardless of all the thought I put into it. Mimicking my motto in my head, I tried to think about that instead of the cloud of pushed away memories that wanted too badly to blend with the rest of my visions.

My train of thought was interrupted, as a sound of a door opening came from behind me. I froze like a hare in the path of a coyote, scared to move yet scared to just stand there in open sight.

Turning nervously, my eyes breezed over the appearances of someone I recognized. I'd see him often around campus, especially with Zavier when we'd cross paths in the hallway and he'd stop to talk to the guy.

What the literal fuck was he doing here?

I don't know if eye contact is the right term, as it was too dark to truly tell where his gaze rested on, but I was positive he saw me. I began softly stepping closer, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Kaiyo, right?" He asked once we were only a few feet apart. I would question how he knew my name, but considering he was friends with Zavier, and Zavier treated me like a pet, it wasn't all that surprising. 

I looked up at the tall frame of the man. He was certainly taller than Zavier, and although more muscular with broad shoulders, for some reason he didn't scare me as much. He looked softer, which was foolish to assume as I stood in a school for juveniles. His skin was dark but not nearly as dark as his almost black pupils that watched me curiously as I returned the glare.

"You are?" I asked hesitantly, still unsure of the current position I was in.

"Devon. Devon North," He spoke clearly, keeping his tone even and closed off to any assumptions. After a few more seconds of silence from me, he continued. "Didn't think anyone else knew of this spot," He murmured.

I stood awkwardly but desperately trying to avoid showing that. "What are you doing here past curfew anyway?"

"Supposedly the same thing as you," He replied secretively, before gesturing over to the bleachers that were circled with overgrown weeds. "Sit with me, won't you?"

"For what reason," I demanded, still suspicious of this interaction.

Rolling his eyes, Devon began trudging over to the bleachers. It was like he was floating across the grass. I followed a few yards behind. "To sit in silence, obviously."

I couldn't tell if he was joking, but the silence that followed as we sat upon the bleachers told me otherwise. I watched him thoughtfully, his personality confused me deeply. So open yet so closed off, it was like reading a mystery novel written by a hopeless romantic. I watched as his eyes fluttered closed as he leaned against the bleacher behind him. 

I wanted to rub my fingers down his neck, Devon North looked like a Greek God.

How unfair, I grumbled to myself, glancing away. How repulsive for all these rich snobs to be attractive. This was ironic for me to say, as I could easily but categorized along with those "rich snobs". But something about how majestic they looked, it was like the sun worked to be their personal model lighting. 

After more minutes of me zoning off, Devon spoke up. "If you stand at the top of the bleachers, you can see over the trees sometimes and see the moon, you know.

My eyes blinked open and over to where Devon sat, looking at me curiously. "I don't really care much," I replied truthfully. "Not in a rude way, I'm just not interested."