Once March 3rd arrived, An Li had a total global box office of 15 billion, officially becoming 10th on the world’s highest box office list!

It must be mentioned here that among the top 10, Xu Yizong’s commercial action movie was ranked fourth and there were five Huaxia movies on the list. Now An Li had squeezed out an American moving, making it six Huaxia movies in the top 10!

And among these top 10, only An Li was an ancient costume movie!

What did this mean? This meant that An Li was making a record!

As we all knew, modern movies and future movies were always the most popular among the audience, regardless of country. It was because every country in the world had different cultural traditions. Even Huaxia itself had differences in cultures between regions.

In the case of cultural differences, it was really hard to let other countries accept the history and culture of a certain country.

For new countries like the United States, which only had 200 years of history, they naturally didn’t have any so-called ancient movies. Huaxia had a ~5000 year history and would release a lot of ancient movies every year, proclaiming their martial arts, history, traditional crafts and other culture aspects.

Generally speaking, these movies did very well at the box office in Huaxia. But once out of Huaxia, the box office would experience a great dive because foreigners didn’t understand the Huaxia history and culture!

The situation had somewhat improved in recent decades. More and more foreigners started to study Huaxia’s traditional culture. The more they studied, the more they felt that Huaxia was a great country and that what they knew was a drop in the bucket.

This was obvious. Even the Huaxia people couldn’t study all of their rich and splendid cultural history. It was because there was too much ╮(╯▽╰)╭

In any case, movies were a good way to research some of Huaxia’s cultural elements. Just as scholars spread the Huaxia culture they studied in the West, many foreigners were curious about this mysterious and ancient country. Therefore, there was a rise in popularity of ancient Huaxia movies at the end of the last century.

However, the blowup of An Li was really unique!

First, it was because An Li was really very sincere. Whether it was the beautiful images or the elegant music, it was enough to attract the attention of these foreigners, making it a beautiful treasure that highlighted the culture of Huaxia.

Second, there were the popular bonuses of Xu Yizong, Fang Liangxiu, Xiao Biqing and Ming Yu.

Xu Yizong’s name had long been known to many Westerners. Fang Liangxiu had been nominated for a foreign movie award at the end of last year and attracted the attention of many people. Xiao Biqing was the youngest Asian actress to win an Oscar!

As for Ming Xiaoyu…

The incident with Mudley and Andrew made Westerners familiar with the name ‘Ming Yu!’

After all these reason, there was another very important factor that affected Westerners’ perceptions of An Li.

Director Xu insisted that dubbing wasn’t allowed! They must use the original Huaxia sound! No clips were allowed!

If the people were speaking English, French, Japanese, Korean… could this be called a Huaxia martial arts movie?

He didn’t insist for many poems and songs that couldn’t be understood. However, the charm of the people speaking couldn’t be expression in any language.