34

That evening, Jungkook was held back by problems with the production team and returned home late. He thought Lisa would be in her bedroom or study and didn’t expect to see her as soon as he stepped through the door.

Lisa was reading documents in the living room. When she saw him enter, her eyes immediately lit up, almost making him believe that she had been waiting for him.

“Have you eaten? There are leftovers in the kitchen,” she asked before he could say anything. Dinner had been prepared by Wang-jie. Since it didn’t taste too bad, Lisa had deliberately kept some leftovers for Jungkook.

This was something she’d decided to do after seeing that he had been returning home later these days, and even so, he had to cook for himself.

Therefore, this time she had decided to be considerate and told Wang-jie to prepare an extra serving.

“Okay, I’ll go get it.”

Without bothering to change out of his work clothes first, he headed directly into the kitchen. He really was quite hungry. Lisa stared at his back as he walked. She’d planned to make coffee for him tonight, but seeing how utterly exhausted he was, she decided to do it tomorrow instead.

For now, it would be better to let him have a good night’s rest.

After taking the food out of the warmer, he sat down alone at the dining table and started to eat. Lisa watched him from her seat in the living room, and only when she saw that he was almost done did she go over to him and say, “Rest early, don’t stay up too late.”

Although her tone was icy cold, it did not impede the meaning of her words. She was concerned for him. Jungkook couldn’t misunderstand even if he wanted to.

“Mhm, I will,” he said, his lips stretching into an obvious smile. He wasn’t certain, but he felt like his relationship with Lisa had changed. 

That day she said to push back the divorce was the beginning, it seemed. At first, it wasn’t obvious and only made him feel like she was acting strange, but after so many more changes, especially when they shared a bed, he started to suspect something.

It seems like lili doesn’t hate me anymore!

Based on his understanding of her, he knew that she was someone who would never allow herself to hold the short end of the stick. If she liked someone, then she liked someone. If she disliked someone, then she disliked someone.

She would not go out of her way to care for someone she disliked. Let alone eating together and sharing a bed, she wouldn’t even allow Jungkook to appear in front of her so often.

Therefore, he was quite certain that she no longer hated him. In fact, he felt like her impression of him was slowly changing, as she was caring about him and getting along with him. There was even a trace of friendship present in their interactions.

Of course, this made him extremely happy and excited, but at the same time, seeds of greed were beginning to sprout.

Since he could wipe away her dislike for him and advance towards friendship, then could he also hope that one day, through his hard work and perseverance, he would be able to make her accept his feelings?