The sound of thunder clapping against the sky was all that I could hear as I sat on the last porch step. I know it's going to rain soon, and for once I didn't care. I normally enjoyed the rain, the sound and smell that lingered, but today I felt nothing. After I was done smoking two cigarette sticks I had decided to head back inside to go upstairs, but decided it was best to just take a few moments alone to myself downstairs in my dad's study. I walked over to the couch that stood by the window to lay down on my back, my eyes focused on the grey skies that were now crying droplets of water.

It was moments like this when I take the time to go back in time to remember my parents. My biological parents. It's a been years since that night, weeks since I last thought of them. The past events the only thoughts in my head.

"I miss you, Mom. Dad", I spoke out loud to myself, the last image of their faces filling my mind as I shut my eyes.

"Now don't worry about anything, Alexander. Mommy and daddy are just going out to visit some friends for a few hours okay? We should be back just a little after your bedtime, okay?", my mother spoke, her voice soft and angelic.

Lifting my colored eyes up from my lap I looked at my mommy, a soft smile filling my lips as I took in her smiling face, the dark red lipstick standing out against her pale complexion. Her own colored eyes shining bright, her midnight colored hair pullback into an elegant bun. "Okay, mommy. Can I stay up to wait for you and daddy to come home?" I asked.

"I don't know, my love. It's going to be a bit late when your daddy and I come home. Maybe some other time", she negotiated.

Pouting my lower lip, I crossed my arms and looked up at him. "Please! What if I ask daddy?"

"What if you ask me what, bud?" The sound of my dad's voice coming right into the room.

Jumping off my bed I ran with full force towards him, a laugh passing my lips as he bend down and picked me up in his arms. My arms wrapping around his neck, where his dirty blonde hair rested at. "Can I stay up late so I can wait for you and mommy to come home?

"Sorry bud, but we won't be back until late and I think it's best if you get to bed early. Okay? I promise tomorrow morning we'll go out and do something," He said, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

Pouting softly, I nodded my head. "Fine. I love you daddy, mommy you too."

"We love you too, baby", my mommy said as she reached over to kiss my cheek. "Now, time for you to brush your teeth and get into bed to watch your television. I'll help."

"Make it quick, Vivianna. We have to be there soon," my dad spoke as he stood up from the bed.

"I'll be quick, Dimitri. No worries, love", she answered then proceeded to help me get ready for bed.

Minutes later I was back into bed and tucked under the covers. I was surrounded with my stuffed animals on both side, my eyes now looking into my mother's eyes as she finished patting down on the sheets. Once she was done as she proceeded to turn on the television, Spongebob Squarepants playing on the screen.

"Okay. Time for us to go. We love you, baby. You better be asleep when we come back. I'll let the babysitter know you're up here watching tv.", she spoke, a smile forming on her lips as she kissed my forehead. "We'll see you in the morning. Goodnight Alexander."

"I love you too, mommy. Goodnight. Tell daddy the same, okay?" She nodded her head before standing from the bed. Lifting my tiny hand I waved once before watching her retreating back leave my bedroom.