Three Is A Crowd

//SU1C1DE MENTIONS//

No POV

"Sir, what happened could have been fatal! I don't know if the children are in the right mind to-" MePad was interrupted by MePhone.

"MePad, we already discussed this. If you don't do them today, nothing will get done. Unless you'd like to do all of them tomorrow, that is."

"Sir, I can't do that." He replied.

"Then you do three today. Three tomorrow. One the day after. That way, everyone will be ready by the fifth day." MePad sighed, rubbing his arms. "Ready for...what, sir?"

"I..."

"...that's private information, MePad." MePhone started, "Know your place."

With that, MePhone exited the interview room, and left MePad standing there.

Moments later, Toilet peeked his head in. "Gosh, what was that all about?" He asked, tilting his head. "I apparently need to interview three children at once each day. Well, today and tomorrow I guess. I just don't know if it's healthy for them-"

"Well I'm sure Mistah Phone has it all worked out! Now I just need to find that..." Toilet mumbled some things to himself as he left the room.

MePad stared at the candies sitting in the bowl. He sat down on the couch covered in flower designs, exhaling. He grabbed one candy before examining it.

In his eyes, children were like candy.

They were sweet and innocent. It all depended on what you did to them to make them change.

This thought brought up one of the people he had to interview that day.

Nickel.

He seemed normal the most of the time, almost like he was just there. On other occasions, something seemed off. Something that was apart of him wasn't supposed to be.

But what could that mean?

MePad stood up, trying to recall which three children he had to interview.

Lightbulb, Nickel, and Paper.

MePad had a few ideas of what the children's diagnoses' could be, but he still needed to interview them to be sure.

He grabbed two more candies, before put the three of them in his pocket. He exited the room, starting down the hall.

It was oddly quiet.

MePad reached the children's door. No sound. Just silence. He twisted the handle, pushing it open.

Some children were sitting next to each other, others were alone, but they were all silent.

Suitcase was the first to speak. "Mr. MePad, what happened to Yin-Yang and Taco?" MePad inhaled shakily. "Just a little fight, they will be just fine. I need Lightbulb, Paper, and Nickel go come with me."

Lightbulb stood up silently, which was new for her. They other two followed soon after.

MePad stuck his hand in his pocket, feeling the three candies.

2 is a company, 3 is a crowd. MePad had heard the saying before, he couldn't remember where though. The saying reminded him of himself, as well as Toilet and MePhone.

2 was company--the way MePhone treated MePad. 3 was a crowd, with Toilet in the mix.

Numbers were a strange thing.

3 workers, 10 children. 13 in all.

One would always be left out. Did the children need that? MePad began thinking.