Newcomers

"Hey, it's time." I called to Suitcase, holding up a check list. I hated check ups. They wasted my time, but it was for the cause. They were all "crazy", but nobody knows why.

To be honest, I don't even know. Paintbrush refuses to eat, Soap has damaged hands from washing them so much, Nickel has breakdowns every day, but is usually mad at people.

So I locked them away. I felt bad, taking them from what they know and love. The outside world. But the outside world wold break them down. Destroy them. I can't let that happen.

The explanation is quite...confusing. You see, they all act strangely, like they're sick in a...different way. Soap has to have everything perfect, and will freak out if it's not. Paintbrush won't eat anything, no matter how hard I try to make them. Suitcase and Taco tell me they see things...or hear things, but it's hard for me to believe. Nickel us angry at people most of the time, but also has the saddest attitude. I've caught him overdosing before, and had to get him the throw up to get it out of his system. Yin-Yang acts like two different people all in one.

I didn't believe they were crazy, no, but they were definitely different.

Different in a way I couldn't explain.

Getting lost in my thoughts, I looked down at see Suitcase patiently waiting. It startled me. "Oh, Suitcase! I apologize!" I lead her into the check up room, took her temperature, and began to strike a conversation. "Have you seen anything lately?" I asked, checking off a box on my list. "Um...not really-- b-but there are these voices telling me to hurt someone! I don't even know who they want me to hurt, but they won't tell me and I don't understand!" She looked down. I sighed, rubbing my head. "Hey, Suitcase, it's okay. Have you been taking your pills?" I questioned, motioning to her. She nodded, before stopping. "Well, I ran out a few days ago..."

I nodded. "That explains it, I'll get you some more after I-"

I heard knocking. I turned to Suitcase. "Get everyone and go to your room." She nodded, and I began to hurry to the door. Thoughts filled my mind.

Who would come at this time? Why were they even here? What would they do if they found the kids-

"Oh..." I opened the door. 4 children stood there, and one teenager.

"Hello! Are you Mistah Phone?"

.

.

.