ᴏɴᴇ

"You have everything sweetheart?" Her sweet mother, Rosalie asked as she helps take her daughter's suitcase out of the trunk of her 2018 Honda Civic.

"Yep," Alessia says, tightening the straps of her backpack. "I had gone over my checklist last night and this morning, don't worry."

Rosalie pushes the trunk hood down with a grunt. Take note that she should be doing some more arm exercises.  She stared at her beautiful daughter, admiring how grown up she was now.

Alessia would be at her side 24/7; she was a clingy child. But Rosalie didn't mind; she cherished each moment with her because when her teen years came, Alessia would want to spread her wings.

And she has just had to turn 15 and yet being so mature for her age made her mama so proud. Alessia loved being with her mother, working at the restaurant, having spa days, movie nights, everything.

Alessia never had many friends, she would spend most of her days working or exploring their little town. Her mother had tried to get her to go out with kids her age but Alessia was simply not interested.

But deciding that she needed a change of scenery. Rosalie had surprised her to go visit her father in NY. She hadn't seen him in years, only once on her 8th birthday because he was in the area for a business trip.

Alessia was not interested at all to see him. She would have rather stayed home, and not go through the trouble of packing, unpacking, repacking, and the worst of all, meeting a man who she hardly knows.

Alessia hate for her father grew even more over time. She had a reason too, while he was living it up in the big city, he left is family in the slums.

And that was fine, she didn't need his sympathy.

"You be good for your dad okay?" Her mother said sternly before getting a little teary. Alessia smiled, bringing her other half into a warm hug. She was going to miss her like crazy, for a whole 3 months they'll be apart.

Even though Alessia was against going to NY she decided to just suck it up and let her mom be happy. Her mother believes in a strong father-daughter relationship, and after all these years she decided that her father had to build one with her if he liked it or not.

Rosalie lost her father at a young age. So she never got to experience that father-daughter dynamic.

"I will mama I promise." Her voice cracked a bit at the end.  The two hugged for a while until they both finally decided that their long-waited goodbye had to come to an end.

Rosalie held her daughter's face in the palms of her hand. Gently wiping away the rebellious tears that fell astray. "I love you." She whispered.

She kisses her forehead then finally released her.

The two went their separate ways both praying for each other's safety. Getting herself through security was easy, she had an escort direct her the whole way.

Her mother wanted to be the one to take her all the way until her gate but unfortunately, she was called in for an early shift.

Arriving unscathed at the gate she still had 3 hours until she could board her flight. She decided to roam around the food court glancing around each sign to see what she might be interested in.

The line at Starbucks was ridiculously long, so that was an emediated no. So she went to Dunkin Donuts, she had preferred them over Starbucks anyway.

Starbucks confused her too much.

"That'll be $10.62." The young cashier told her as she prepared her order. Alessia dug through her pocket and pulled out a $20 bill because that's all she had on her at the moment.