I jump on his back, pressing the side of the pen to his throat so he thinks I have something to use against him. He's a lot taller than I remember.

"Don't alert them. They won't let you leave alive" I whisper in his ear.

"Villain!" He says in a hushed tone "back up is already on the way. Release me and you will not be adding murder to your list of crimes"

"One of the men in there has a signal jamming quirk. No distress signals, calls or silent alarms are going out until we leave. Cameras can't record either" I explain Martac's quirk, gesturing to the cameras that doesn't have a light on indicating it's active. He tenses under my hold "don't worry, Tenny, I'll get you out of here"

"Ma'am! We have never met and I will not be leaving! It is my duty to stay" he starts to wiggle in my grasp and he almost gets me off of him.

"I'm hurt, Tenny!" I fake outrage "first, you change your costume to put the exhaust pipes on your calves, which is weird, by the way, and then you pretend not to know me!"

"Unhand me!" He shouts and throws me over his shoulder, slamming me onto the ground. The wind gets knocked out of me. "You were holding a pen to my throat?!?"

Martac comes barreling around the corner.

"Kagi, ya good?" Martac gets the pro hero in a headlock where they can't do any damage to eachother.

"Fine" I wheeze "not very friendly these days."

"What's with you, lad?" Martac shakes the hero. "I know we didn't end up on the same side in the end, but body slamming the lass....? Really?"

"I assure you, I have never seen this woman before in my life." The hero says a little strangled.

I get to my feet. "But you are ingenium... right?" I pull my eyebrows together..

"Not the original." he gets out. Martac gets him upright, holding his arms behind his back.

I grab a nearby chair and step on it to get a better look at his helmet. Up close the design is a little different, but it could just be changing with time or my memory failing me.

"Are you two going to help?" Fergus calls, coming up behind me "shit" he pulls a gun.

"Chill dude" I say. I never use my employers name when I'm on a job. Martac lets go of the hero's arms, but gets a firm grip on his shoulder so the stance looks more relaxed, but he knows he shouldn't move.

"He's seen our faces. He can't leave" he cocks the gun and I turn on my chair to make sure the hero is blocked from Fergus' view.

"I have a friend that can take his memories, we'll just take him with us." I play off like I'm bored, but really don't want this man to be hurt. I don't know why since he seems not to know me.

"This job is a robbery, not a kidnapping" Fergus insists roughly.

"Plans change" I shrug and smile and lean back to rest my head on the chest of the hero. "besides, Tenny here is a pal" I reach up and pat his cheek. The sound of skin against hard plastic echos through the mostly empty room.

"I'm not getting involved in whatever this is. Kill him and be done with it"

"This is a robbery, not a murder" I shoot back "we've been through a lot. This won't blow back on you. It would be bad for business"

"... alright. Handle it where the others can't see him. They won't be as trusting" Fergus warns sternly before walking away.

"I hope ya know what yer doin', lass" Martac eyes me when I turn back to the pair.

"You and me both" the hero mutters.

"It's time for the safe!" One of the other men shouts.

"There is no way you can get that open quietly" the hero says

"Did ya not just hear that lad?" Martac jostles the man in his arms "you'll be killed if the others discover ya"

I smile cockily "you really must not know me"

I step away and join the others, leaving Martac to keep the oblivious stranger wrangled. It takes a moment for me to touch the safe and for the locks to give and pull the heavy door open.

"Send my fee the usual way. Don't fuck with me or Bruiser will find you. Hoods on, we're out!" I call over my shoulder to shuffle Martac and the hero out a side door. Bruiser is Martac's name on the job. He picked it when I insisted he get one. I thought it was dumb, so he kept it to annoy me.

Martac had already stashed a car right outside. He does this anytime we take a job so we have an option for a quick get away. I open the back door and Martac stuffs the stiff hero into the backseat.

"There's no need to man handle me!" He protests as I slip in next to him, closing the door behind me. No one responds.

Martac gets into the driver seat and zooms off. We still have a second job, after all.

"Take your helmet off" I say when we're a respectable distance away. The hero turns his head to me, having buckled up after getting in. I reach for his helmet when he doesn't move. He doesn't stop me from removing it. I pause when I look at the man's face for the first time. "You're definitely not Tensei"