"He's gonna be pissed, ya know" Martac says as we approach the building for our heist.

"He'll get over it. There's a large window time period for this and he can't do this quietly without me." I shrug, passing him my thermos so I can stretch my arms. There's always something that can go wrong on these and if it does, I end up having to run or fight. I hate running more than I hate fighting.

We walk around to the back of the bank. It's under construction and closed for business for the week. The man who hired me, Fregus, has it on good authority that the vault is still full. There's a plan to take care of the security guard and according to his source, that's all there is when the contractors are off duty. Should be easy to break in, grab the cash and go. Big pay day. Minimum risk.

Something churns in my gut, but I chalk it up to doing something illegal. I always feel this way on a job. As a thief for hire, I have the luxury of picking my jobs, but it always makes me feel uneasy when the time comes to use my quirk.

When people hire me they also hire Martac. He acts as my body guard more than muscle for our employer. I'm a rather un-intimidating looking person, but next to the 6'8 block of muscle that is Martac, it keeps me out of trouble and makes sure that the people that hire us hold up their end of the bargain.

"Fucking finally" Fergus rolls his eyes as Martac and I round the corner to the back door. "Took your sweet time, Kagi"

He uses the name that I give to people to keep my identity a secret, it means 'key' in Japanese. My parents vaguely know what I do, since they know my quirk and that using it for any type of work probably wouldn't end up being very.... ethical.

"I had better things to do this morning" I smirk, brushing past him to the door as I unwrap and pop a stick of gum into my mouth. There are two other guys with him. One more than Fergus originally said would be here. It puts me more on edge, but I keep my expression neutral and my movements controlled.

I put my hand on the doorknob and immediately hear it unlock under my touch.

"I wish we could trade quirks" Fergus mutters "I would abuse the shit out of it."

"It has it's downsides too" I shrug again, pushing the door open and letting the men go in first. If the security officer starts firing before being subdued, I'll be the first one to book it out of there.

Martac and I have that agreement. He's got the quirk of 'jammer' not to mention he's stupid strong so he covers me while I run and he follows close behind. We've been close to being arrested, but always manage to just squeak out of trouble. According to Martac and his buddy on the police force, they don't even know our real names or have a clear picture of us. Keeps business booming. Even today I have a second job after this one.

There's sounds of a scuffle inside and muffled shouting. A couple moments later, Martac comes out to get me.

"All good" He motions me inside.

Our first stop are all the safety deposit boxes. I tap each one and leave the heavy lifting to the men. Not that I couldn't do it, but why would I want to when other people are willing to break a sweat for me?

There's a flash of white in my peripheral view and I turn my head, seeing the image of a familiar robot looking hero slip around the corner.

I follow, not feeling in danger and making sure Martac and the others are distracted with the safety deposit boxes. There's a pen sitting on a table that I swipe.

Ingenium's back is to me as he tries to get a better vantage point on my co-workers. I never carry a weapon with me and even if I did, I wouldn't use it. He's an old friend.