END: Cannibal Pleasure

Start from the beginning

Naru remained stiff and Akemi thought that he wasn't willing to answer that question of hers so she opted to change it to his favorite color but Naru spoke before she could.

"What would happen when I find Gene," Naru states, pertaining to her question. "Go back to England. Be Oliver Davis again."

That answer confused her, 'Isn't he Oliver Davis?'

"Ehh? but aren't you always Oliver Davis?" Naru glanced at Akemi, his brows furrowed not really getting her thoughts.

Which irked the boy really bad as Akemi would always knew of his. Naru rarely think illogically but Akemi isn't like that, she thought of things depending on her emotion— emotionally or logically whatever answer she may come to all depended in her thoughts.

And her thought process is something Naru can't understand.

"-Kazuya Shibuya or Oliver Davis... but really in reality you are Naru," Akemi softly smiled before turning into bountiful giggles. "Naru, the Wonderful Wizard Of The SPR~"

Naru scoffed, turning back to face the lake. "Stop joking around..."

"But you are!" Akemi grinned, also returning back to watch the sunset lake. "— I think you would make a wonderful wizard."

"Tch, that's childish."

"hmm~ how about favorite color?" And it went this way for a few more times. Ake continued asking Naru his dislikes and likes and she would answer her own as well.

It wasn't until Akemi finally got the courage to ask.

"How about a girlfriend? Have you ever had a girlfriend or do you have a girlfriend now."

'So that was your plan,' Naru's brow twitched as he glanced at Akemi. The girl remained stiff on her gazing,

"Why that question?"

Akemi shrugged, "I was curious and I asked."

"... That's a stupid question,"

Now that she thought about it, 'That was a stupid question, wasn't it?' Akemi internally gave a small smile.

Akemi thought back about Okita Kiyomi's rejection towards Hagiwara's confession. The heartbreak Akemi felt in that vision, would it compare if she were to get rejected in real life?

"Ara~ It was a stupid question..." Akemi tried saying but only being able to mutter the words.

A wall of silence filled the space between Naru and Akemi. Something unseen but considerably felt, it wasn't strong enough to separate them really— one small side step and Akemi could break the distance and be near Naru but somehow, something inside her thought things through.

'How would Naru react?' Akemi bit her bottom lip in thought, her shoulders felt heavy and her heart started jumping. She panicked. She has never felt this way before.

'What is happening to me?' Akemi squeezed her fingers touching the cold barricades tighter, trying to keep her expression as calm as she could.

Naru sighed, already finished with his thoughts. "The others are waiting. Let's go."

Naru started stepping on his feet without pause.

'Wait...' Akemi wanted to say, but she let out an internal sigh. 'Why wasn't she good at these things? Was confessing one's feelings always this hard? This was nothing compared to Hagiwara's,' Akemi winced— what he felt might not be love at all.